• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

American Collectors Insurance Co.

darcytribe

I was wondering if any of y'all have any experience with this company insuring a classic? Claims process issues? Their quote came in quite a bit less than Hagerty's. Thanks!

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
what was your quote with them? on how much?
curious to know as I may need new coverage soon.

Ro_Ja Boy

They are by far the most reasonable that I found shopping. I had them on my Broncos, but (thankfully) never had a claim. I think my annual coverage cost $1150 or so with an agreed value of ~$192k. Some amount of limited miles, but way more than I actually would ever use.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
They are by far the most reasonable that I found shopping. I had them on my Broncos, but (thankfully) never had a claim. I think my annual coverage cost $1150 or so with an agreed value of ~$192k. Some amount of limited miles, but way more than I actually would ever use.
Agreed value at $192K? My quote from Haggerty 3 yrs ago for a third of that value was more than your quote!

American or Chrome, their collectors division, is cheaper than anybody I had prior to State Farm. My local agent was such an incompetent businessman/jerk, I dropped the policy. I even called their main office and said I didn't want this guy being my agent. They said I was in his area so... he couldn't do anything right- nothing! I told a couple friends about the interactions I had and they agreed- drop them. I couldn't risk that so I dumped the company.

Haggerty and American is like comparing an Acura and a Chevy. Both cars will get ya there but one does it with more confidence! :) I know several local guys with claims from Haggerty. All they did was make a call, collect a check and get their rig fixed perfectly w/o any hassles.

That's worth something right there.

Last edited:

Ro_Ja Boy

Agreed value at $192K? My quote from Haggerty 3 yrs ago for a third of that value was more than your quote!

American or Chrome, their collectors division, is cheaper than anybody I had prior to State Farm. My local agent was such an incompetent businessman/jerk, I dropped the policy. I even called their main office and said I didn't want this guy being my agent. They said I was in his area so... he couldn't do anything right- nothing! I told a couple friends about the interactions I had and they agreed- drop them. I couldn't risk that so I dumped the company.

Haggerty and American is like comparing an Acura and a Chevy. Both cars will get ya there but one does it with more confidence! :) I know several local guys with claims from Haggerty. All they did was make a call, collect a check and get their rig fixed perfectly w/o any hassles.

That's worth something right there.
You don't worry about the claims process until you need to worry. :) Again, have zero experience with Collectors with a claim...just the premium being reasonable and yes...$192k agreed value.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I had that problem once... small trlr that I built, loaned it to a relative who I told to never leave it with the removeable hitch coupler attached so it wouldn't get stolen (safety chains came off with it)... yup, lazy sob left it while going to get a car part (2 hrs) and it was stolen. Checked my policy and in the 7 individual pgs frt & back fine print disclaimer that had come with my updated yearly policy they had dropped theft ONLY if I didn't intentionally renew it. I'd insured this 5yrs prior full coverage and my fault for not noticing the "auto theft drop" in fine print!

So, ya, read the fine print & of course my BIL didn't pay... agents "word" means nothing either. It's the written policy in blk & white that matters. Treat your Agent like a polician, check EVERY thing they say against the printed policy because when push comes to shove your $50K-192K agreed to value insurance policy will NOT get paid if your agent says "yes" and the printed policy you never read from Haggerty, Chrome, whoever says otherwise.
Best of luck.

Last edited:

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have them but also no knowledge of a claim.

Fry

I went with American classics as well. This is my first bronco. The quote they gave me was half of Hagerty, but I’m limited on miles I can drive and have to keep it in a locked storage.