• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Alternative options then fold an tumble pass seat?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Hmmm, last one I used was March, '23.

I'll look

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
I was going through some albums last night looking for some other things and came across these old photos of the Bronco II bracketry in my truck in the late '90s. It replaced the one I posted earlier in the thread.

Todd Z.
Is that a factory seat bracket? What year? Front Passenger seat? I'm intrigued...

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Is that a factory seat bracket? What year? Front Passenger seat? I'm intrigued...
It's a factory 83-85 Bronco II passenger seat front bracket with a few modifications - namely some tubular pieces to adapt the non-flat BII bracket to the EB's flat floor and some flat pieces of strap welded across the top to adapt the seat sliders to the bracket. I used to pay $10-15 for them at the yonkes back in the day. I haven't seen one for a long time as the BII's have largely aged out of the yards.

Todd Z.

Galt72

Contributor
Looking at the YJ bracket. Off the top of my head why couldn't you just get two of them. Borrow the flat surface mounting bracket from #2 and mount it in place of
the curved bracket on #1. That way all four bolts mount flat to the floor.

1buckeyefan1

Looking at the YJ bracket. Off the top of my head why couldn't you just get two of them. Borrow the flat surface mounting bracket from #2 and mount it in place of
the curved bracket on #1. That way all four bolts mount flat to the floor.
Yep, that was a thought as well. I'm sorta afraid that it might be too wide though since the left side of the seat partially straddles the tunnel.

Here's a shot of what we've been able to fab up so far
dc49d1a3b148d03ef67c69898292e69d.jpg
68f68e1515a339466e1bbf8f6d5417cb.jpg
0c2469440da88fdcc9be02386ee9fedf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Any chance you have a link or part # for the speedway bracket? I've done a cursory search and only finding fixed brackets on their site.
Can't find it either. Maybe they quit selling 'em?

Qumanchew

Contributor
Loc.
Kutztown PA
I went the extended slides route. My seats came from an 04 explorer so I used those tracks. I cut a couple inches from another set of tracks and extended them. It worked out pretty good.

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
Hmmm, last one I used was March, '23.

I'll look
I wouldn’t mine finding something but now a days it’s hard to find anything I’d like to find a console that runs between the buckets up to the dash, but I want something more stock than racey, I seen one but had so many gadgets on it, heck I don’t know what I’d use them all for, also if it could be used as a middle seat or tumble seat which ever you want to call it, you ever seen one?

nvrstuk

Contributor
That cerullo console/seat sure looks more comfortable than the little plywood box w/o a back on it that we all sat on when we had a friend travelling with us on trips in my Dad's Bronco! lol

We'd go on fishing trips and my brother's and my girlfriend would come fishing/camping and one would sit on the "box" and the other would sit on a wheel well. Seat belts were never needed thank goodness!

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The PO of mine had built a decent wooden box/seat with a short back in mine. Worked great as an accelerometer when the g/f rode on it. If she got lippy I could park her in the back real easy. I decided it was easier to bolt it down than to help get her right-sde up too many more times. Pre seatbelt time though.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
So I'm embarrassed that I didn't see this thread earlier and re-posted the same question today. Gaspig, I think we're both in Ohio.. i'm on the hunt for the same solution. If we can jointly figure out, we're probably close enough to share the design/parts. I'm either going to build one, or rework the Jeep YJ bracket (I'm stuck on the left side where it would normally rest on the tunnel).

So I'm finally getting around to the stage of building seat brackets for my Besttop Trailmax II seats. I like the fact that they're high-back and they align nicely with my Krawlers Edge cage+seatbelts. The problem (that many others have faced also) is access to the rear seat without the factory fold/flip/latch method?

I really like what Duff/Lick Creek did with this one.. but it's been saying OOS/Coming soon for almost a year now.. I haven't bothered to call them yet and ask why (redesign, no demand/supply?) It's also pushing $700+ after shipping/tax that I could put elsewhere. The cost includes that i'd need a set of EB driver sliders too (I already have the Besttop sliders)

https://dufftuff.com/product/lick-c...old-and-tumble-seat-bracket-for-early-bronco/

I'm considering adopting an old J**P YJ bracket.. it has a bend in the inner foot though that would require some fab work on a different mounting method.. but would line up nicely with the Trailmax Seats. I assume this is where LC got their inspiration. I really like though how it sits in a forward position w/out having to fold/tumble.. which works with a high-back seat.

Does anyone else have a creative solution for retrofitting high-back seats and still getting access to the rear? I found a few mention's of an old ToddZ / Bronco II posting, but most of it seems to have been lost to time (the site is gone). I also saw a few posts about a full-size seat flip.

I'm not afraid of fab work and have access to a plasma burn table for a short period of time. Just looking for inspiration!

This thread has got me curious. I sense a tech article in the making

The Lick Creek stuff is nice, but $700 for a seat bracket? I appreciate the R&D going into the EB community, but I got one of these things in when I was in high school - not a Barrett Jackson auction.

Those YJ Brackets are a dime a dozen used on E-Bay and are still being produced to this day by Rugged Ridge: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FQ1LAC/?tag=classicbroncos-20

It looks like the only thing that would need to be done to make this as close to drop in is new lower mounts. I'm guessing some weaponized Autism (CAD drawing) + SendCutSend could probably adapt a bracket to bolt these to an EB passenger floor pretty quickly.

Here's a thread on the JeepForum of guys modifying these for different seat heights -> https://www.jeepforum.com/threads/yj-tilt-seat-bracket-modification.4328887/