• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Alternative for Centek Firewall Gromets

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
Just wondering, why do you want different gromets?

because centech's grommets don't stay in the firewall, they won't clip in and fall out. the ONLY thing i hate about centech. i have 2 of the F-100 grommets and will be cutting centech's off.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That should work. Wonder what's different about the ones that keep falling out though? On all the Centech's I've seen and done, the grommets fit the stock holes just fine. They fit the holes you have to drill in the earlier model Broncos even better.
Never had any trouble. Though this last one (a '77) did take two people to put them in all the way. Didn't think they were going to catch the lip at first, but they went in just fine with more persuasion from younger and stronger hands.

Good luck. Post up pics when you get the alternates done up.

Paul

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
it'll be late summer or fall sometime. when kellie leaves i'm planning on pulling the cage, doing floors, dash, and wiring. wish i was brave enough to do the cowl at the same time.....

Larry B

Loc.
Medford
I could not keep the centech gromets in either. had to put them in as far as possable and drill a hole beside them to put a bolt with flat washer to hold them in.