• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Air Filter

msommer001

Does anyone know if there is a k and n air filter that can drop into the stock air cleaner housing? If so, please share part number.

Thanks,

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’d be surprised if they didn’t still list one. I put one in mine well over 40 years ago and it was not hard to find. In fact it was right on the shelf at the local speed shop.
Even if they don’t list it, they also have filters by size and shape. You can compare dimensions and theoretically find something pretty close.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That said, and I still like K&N products, there’s nothing wrong with a good paper element.
I understand if you’re trying to get the last bit of the most possible air into the engine, but in a pinch, clean, new paper works really well.

OP
OP
msommer001

msommer001

I did send them an email to check. I was not able to find one with their website look up tool. As mentioned, I can order one based one size that fits. Just seems odd that they would not have one that can just drop right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Anyone have accurate dimensions of the stock filter? I think I still have an older K&N catalog with dimensions.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does the frame site give dimensions? They probably have some of the most complete listings.
I can probably lay my hands on my old K&N without too much trouble. But don’t hold your breath!