• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adding side panels

mebco09

I am going to add side panels to one of my broncos for speaker installation-

Does anyone make the brackets that weld to the wheel well? or are they just 16-18 ga angle iron?

Does anyone have the location for these? My thought was to plumb down from the bed side and put the back of the angle facing toward the cab, but I think I have seen stock trucks with the back facing the inner fender and the leg sticking out from underneath the panel. Which is right?

Thanks in advance.

phyler

Loc.
Denver area
Here's a pic from my 75. This is all factory.
c414e8ac438631bfacf2052faab2a179.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mebco09

Thanks for that. Looks to me like an unequal leg angle. Does the thickness of the side panel cover the short leg of the angle iron? Looks like maybe 3/8 to 1/2 inch unequal leg?

phyler

Loc.
Denver area
Thanks for that. Looks to me like an unequal leg angle. Does the thickness of the side panel cover the short leg of the angle iron? Looks like maybe 3/8 to 1/2 inch unequal leg?
It's just 18ga sheet metal. The original side panel and carpet covered the short leg.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Check out Bronco hut they use to carry fiberglass side panels with speaker pods built in.

ShoeSlinger

Home Depot aluminum angle, it is cheap and easy to cut. Attach with nutserts to the wheel well. I then attached my panels with HD velcro. Holds my 6x9's and 8" sub with no problems.