• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adding beltline chrome - the clips?

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I finally got my doors lined up today and I’m ready to drill the holes for adding beltline chrome. I bought the complete kit from Northeast Classic Ford Parts and it’s super nice, but intimidating to drill the holes.

Does anyone have measurements where the holes go ( right to left). I have the up/ down figured out with a string and tape line.

The rivet style clips make sense - rivet so the tabs are about 1/16 off the body for the trim to grip to.

The bolt style clips - is there a right side up or upside down? Its got the little tail on it that I assume is to hold it in place while you lift it , but does it matter if it’s on top or bottom?

The door trim came with two different bolt style clips. I imagine that the more round one (only one per door piece) allows to get closer to the edge of the trim, but is it for the front or back side of the door? I assume the front and back sides both have the exposed studs with nuts and somehow don’t interfere with closing the door?

The quarters came with three bolt style clips (non tire carrier version). Is one above the tail light and two more in that corner also? Once you get past the corner tail light housing I don’t see accessing the backside at all.

The front fender pieces each have 5 rivet style and 3 bolt style. Ironically, the majority of them are accessible on the back side so is there a certain placement for one vs the other style?

Thank you for any tips you can share!

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
There’s a diagram in the shop manual, I believe. If you don’t have one, I think some of the other vendors have a copy online. Look around on the listing for the trim or clips at Toms or WH. I know they’ve been posted here in the past as well. I’m pretty sure they show which clips go where too.

OP
OP
SC74

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got it all figured out! The one and only NGABronco helped me a TON after I posted the original post! This weekend it will be drilled and I will post some pictures up.

Like Ben said, I'm over thinking this ... as I do most things ;D