• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A survivor gets a new life!

CO-Bronco69

Loc.
Basalt, CO
In early October I was able to purchase a 1969 Bronco field find which was delivered to me on a trailer. I’m happy to share that after 2+ months of mechanical restoration work I and a mechanic friend were able to fire her up and actually drive her around the field of the property where we have been doing the restoration work. From my research this is very likely the first time this car has been driven since the mid-1970’s!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Nice! We need pics too :)

I traveled to Basalt, Colorado to buy my 71'. It was 113* when I left Oklahoma and 42* when I arrived in Basalt lol

OP
OP
C

CO-Bronco69

Loc.
Basalt, CO
I’ve posted only a couple of pictures in my gallery, so far. She started out boxwood green, but was very faded when I first saw her (but very little rust). By the time I made the purchase the seller had for some reason painted her with black primer. I have her in Basalt, but she had essentially spent her entire life in Grand Junction, CO before I got her. I think she got driven hard as possibly a ranch or farm vehicle for 81,000 miles then got parked and never driven again in the mid-1970’s.

chris-nc

Contributor
Bronco Apprentice
That's awesome. It's a cool feeling when you finally get one running and moving under its own power.
When I bought mine, I traveled out to the farm where it was located (about an hour away) several weekends in a row and several nights after work and worked on it. Finally got it running and my wife and I drove it around their fields to check it out. A fun night for sure!

Good luck with the project, sounds like it should be a fun one! Looking forward to some pics.

OP
OP
C

CO-Bronco69

Loc.
Basalt, CO
I know. After previous work we had gotten it to run and idle very smoothly, but to finally be able to put it into gear, let out the clutch, and have it start moving forward was incredible. It felt like it was coming out of a long hibernation and was happy for it. Hah, I didn’t even know where first gear was on the column shifter. I’ll have to study up on that more.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
In early October I was able to purchase a 1969 Bronco field find which was delivered to me on a trailer. I’m happy to share that after 2+ months of mechanical restoration work I and a mechanic friend were able to fire her up and actually drive her around the field of the property where we have been doing the restoration work. From my research this is very likely the first time this car has been driven since the mid-1970’s!

Awesome... Congrats

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I’ve posted only a couple of pictures in my gallery, so far. She started out boxwood green, but was very faded when I first saw her (but very little rust). By the time I made the purchase the seller had for some reason painted her with black primer. I have her in Basalt, but she had essentially spent her entire life in Grand Junction, CO before I got her. I think she got driven hard as possibly a ranch or farm vehicle for 81,000 miles then got parked and never driven again in the mid-1970’s.

Build your "garage" so they show up...

not seeing your gallery