• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A decade later... The paint goes on this weekend!-Updated with pics!!!!!

Color Scheme

• Single stripe horizontal to the hood and down the side

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Single stripe vertical to the hood and down the side

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • "C" Stripe on the side and nothing on the hood

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • "C" Stripe on the side with double vertical stripe on the hood

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

BroncoDarin

Loc.
Spokane, Washington
Okay, the Bronco is getting painted this weekend and I am trying to decide what stripes to put on it. Please take a look at at the poll and let me know what you all think....

Keep in mind that the Bronco is being painted white and that the stripes will be a metalic navy.

Also, if any of you have any pics of Bronco's with similar paint schemes, I would love to see them.

Attachments

• bronco stripe.jpg
    bronco stripe.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 87
  • orange boss.jpg
    orange boss.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 51
  • yellow boss.jpg
    yellow boss.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 39

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
My two bits worth
A bronco is a vehicle onto itself and never had any stripes
It never needed any help advertising that it is the best!
Paint it white with blue accents and call it "KEWL"
TOFIC

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
Some Broncos did have stripes. I don't know if this was a dealer add on or part of a special package. But with that being said I agree with TOFIC and just do the navy accents.

OP
OP
BroncoDarin

BroncoDarin

Loc.
Spokane, Washington
TOFIC said:
My two bits worth
A bronco is a vehicle onto itself and never had any stripes
It never needed any help advertising that it is the best!
Paint it white with blue accents and call it "KEWL"
TOFIC

I have actually been struggling with this a bit as well. Perhaps that is the reason I am looking for validation here.

I have always liked the look of the Wild Horses Bronco with the lightning bolt, but don't want to completely copy that.

As of right now I am leaning towards the vertical stripe on the hood and down the sides.

Thanks for the input guys...

pistolpete837

Loc.
Bear Creek, NC
the broncos that came with strips were part of the decor package here is a pic of my bronco with original paint and the decor strip like the one in the first pic you havve

Attachments

• 12711DSCN2832.jpg
    12711DSCN2832.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 56

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
There was another stripe design that was available with the Ranger package that (if I remember correctly) had stripes for the hood & down the sides of the body down low. When I was in the process of restoring my '73 back to it's original exterior color I thought long & hard about whether or not to put these back on since they're available from a couple of different sources. Ultimately I opted not to put 'em on reasoning that they'd likely get scraped off in the desert anyway. I also thought about painting on some "Cobra" stripes...have seen a few EBs with 'em that looked nice.

slcpunk

Loc.
The WB, UTAH
my bronco came with white creme "stripes" down low and on the hood. check my gallery...I know I know the top color was not origonal

OP
OP
BroncoDarin

BroncoDarin

Loc.
Spokane, Washington
Updated with Pics

So it took a little longer than I expected. I will be picking her up this weekend. Overall, I am really happy with how it turned out......

Crap, I forgot to renew my contributor status. I'll post pics this afternoon.....

1975SPORT

Loc.
Hood River, Oregon
I think you should do what you want. But heres my .02, i dont think that the mustang stripes or a remdition will do well on the bronco body style...maybe lemans stripes but thats about it.
If you wanna dress it up a bit, i bet it would look cool if you blacked out the hood in a different gloss...like the bosses/mach 1's and then did a pin stripe to seperate it from the other color, then carry that color down the the grill and headlight buckets. Might look kinda mean.

But like i said do you what you want, your driving it...and paying for it for that matter :)

OP
OP
BroncoDarin

BroncoDarin

Loc.
Spokane, Washington
OKay, I renewed my contributor status this morning. Looks like it may still take a while to get updated. Anybody willing to let me email some pics and post them for me?

OP
OP
BroncoDarin

BroncoDarin

Loc.
Spokane, Washington
Okay, got my contributor status back. Here are some pics. I will be doing a fine pinstripe in red between the blue and white paint. I am very happy with how it came out.....

Attachments

• Miscpics 002 (Medium).jpg
    Miscpics 002 (Medium).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Miscpics 003 (Medium).jpg
    Miscpics 003 (Medium).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Miscpics 004 (Medium).jpg
    Miscpics 004 (Medium).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Miscpics 005 (Medium).jpg
    Miscpics 005 (Medium).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Miscpics 006 (Medium).jpg
    Miscpics 006 (Medium).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 30

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
BroncoDarin said:
Thanks Flash, I definately struggled with the decision.
I know what you mean. I was torn between Yellow and Silver. I wish i had went with Silver. Ole Well. My wife was right. She wanted silver. Ill know better next time. If there is a next time.