• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 u13 door inserts/soft top

barney44

do any of the aftermarket door inserts look and fit like the originals? if not would there be a market for them if i had high qualility molds built from a set of originals? also i need new canvas and windows for my factory soft top. any one make this?

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
The only reproduction tops, built to fit the original Whitco hardware, are the ones that Jeff Leslie has made by an Amish guy. He can make the top and the door skins. You will have to use all of your own original hardware. They are made as close to original as possible.

As for the inserts, I am not ware of an exact reproduction. For the backing plates Jeff has then made also. They are slightly thicker gage sheet metal than the originals, but they are otherwise exact.