• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 carb question

armypilot_uh60

Contributor
I bought this carburetor off of Amazon, knowing that it is made in China and realizing that I would have to take it apart and check everything to make sure it is set up correctly. However, on first glance, I noticed the linkage is backwards from what the original carburetor had. Now, when I got this Bronco the carb was not on the vehicle, iIt was in the back in a box. I'm assuming this is the one that came on it but I really don't know. I cleaned it, but then I realized I should probably just get a new one instead of trying to rebuild it. The problem is the linkage is backwards and I don't know if I should try to change it or just send the carburetor back and find another one. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. The engine is the 2.8 170

Attachments

• IMG_6892 2.JPG
    IMG_6892 2.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6893 2.JPG
    IMG_6893 2.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 19

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The '66 carb is yet one of many unique one year only parts. You likely got a reproduction that will work on 1967 and up six cylinder Broncos, but won't work on a '66.

Ovalis

Contributor
Loc.
Los Angeles
If you're looking straight on at the linkage, the ball stud for the throttle linkage should be at the 12:00 position, where as most carbs you'll find are at about the 3 or 4:00 clock position and the throttle cable will not reach it.