• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 lubr's what 15" wheels are you running?

D.Abshire

Loc.
Waynesboro
Im looking for some wheels to finish up my lubr, what 15" wheels are yall guys running with the 77 stock disc brakr set up?
Picture's please!!
Thanks for your help!!!!

My bronco has a 3.5 suspension lift and 1"body!!!

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Wheel Vintiques 5x7, 4" backspace. The stick on weights on the inside just clear, no spacers needed. I guess I was lucky on that, most say they need them. Obviously, I have a lot of body work to do before I'm in need of such a tight backspace but I check and they'll fit just like the fancy trucks.

forgot to mention they are 77 axles, so I didnt miss that you've got knuckles to get around.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender - Copy (15).jpg
    FullSizeRender - Copy (15).jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 135

Austen

Loc.
Grapevine
tabyers, those wheels and caps look great! What caps are those and where did your source them? I've never liked the stock caps, their diameter is just too big.

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Thanks, I believe they are 66 Galaxie. I mentioned that somewhere else on here and got scolded because a guy claimed that they were full caps that year, as if the town sedans and the crown vics couldn't have possibly come with different caps. Anyhow, if you search 66 galaxie dog dish, an awful lot of these pop up on ebay. So whatever they are, that's how I found them. I had to cut the centers out of the fronts. I like the vintage look but they look a little meaner than the stocks. I saw it on an icon.

Attachments

• 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 79

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I think the new US Indy 15X8 wheels would work great. They tuck in tight enough you may even need spacers to clear your later style knuckles.
That's what's on ours. Ours isn't uncut, but it looks like these wheels should work.

Austen

Loc.
Grapevine
thanks tabyers! I'm going to pick up a set

I have a set of 16" steelies and 17", I have no idea how those old caps retain on the wheel (I'm a young buck) - but would they work on a larger wheel ok with how they retain?

Thanks!

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
thanks tabyers! I'm going to pick up a set

I have a set of 16" steelies and 17", I have no idea how those old caps retain on the wheel (I'm a young buck) - but would they work on a larger wheel ok with how they retain?

Thanks!

Your wheels would need the nubs to hold the dog dish (also known as poverty caps) on.

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
I think there are various 16" sized truck dishes that don't look as cool as these. I cant remember, I think they are something like 10-1/4" and the 16, or maybe even 16.5 are 11" maybe. I'm out on a limb on most of this info. My memory is not so great.

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
heres a pic of the wheels without

Attachments

• FullSizeRender - Copy (17).jpg
    FullSizeRender - Copy (17).jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 46

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Im looking for some wheels to finish up my lubr, what 15" wheels are yall guys running with the 77 stock disc brakr set up?
Picture's please!!
Thanks for your help!!!!

My bronco has a 3.5 suspension lift and 1"body!!!

What size tires are you planning on running.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
tabyers; My '66 Custom had those hub caps. The Custom was a stripped down Galaxy used for police cars and taxis. Did you cut the locking hub holes? Mine like most car type dog dish caps, were just for cars. It seems appropriate to use '66 poverty caps when the full size EB caps were the LTD and 7 Liter caps in '66.

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Yeah, I had to cut the centers out with a hole saw. I wished that I had a better one by the time I got through the second one but I made it.