• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1968 Uncut Bronco for Sale (incomplete frame off build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcbama

Loc.
Birmingham
City: Dothan AL
Price: $ 28000

I'm in the process of moving and must let my 68 Bronco project go. I started a frame off years ago and with a couple of moves and at least one more coming I can't get it finished. Hate to admit defeat but hoping someone will enjoy wrapping it up. I'm needing help in trying to price it so any advice would be helpful. It was basically a nuts and bolts tear down. Frame and components were stripped, and powder coated. Dif's, 3-speed, and transfer case rebuilt. Original 289 rebuilt, new valve seats, valves, pistons, all new. It has a ford OEM 4-barrel manifold with late 60's markings. New u-joints, exhaust, gas lines. Rolling chassis is all back together and looks great.

The body parts were all removed, stripped, painted with the original paint color, PPG enamel, medium Turquois. I've reinstalled the body onto the frame, top, front clip, hood. Pedal assembly, blower, venting, all cleaned, refurbished, or replaced. That's where my job moved me and I basically stopped. The rear of the cargo area needs some work. Apparently, it was bent in some and with new tailgate hinges it won’t fit on. Needs some attention.

Parts I have:

• All the door and window parts.
  • Original distributor with electronic kit.
  • All the glass. I was planning on buffing them all out before installing. I've got the complete rubber seal kit still in the box.
  • Original radiator and sump. Also have another radiator (older style but with cap) that came with the truck. Never had heating issues.
What I don't have:

• Wiring harness. I have the original but it was spliced up for a trailer hitch that I removed, and electric trailer brake.
  • Both bumpers. I have both but they're bent and I not sure they can be straightened.
  • I added a mechanical fuel pump so the old vacuum wipers will need to be addressed.
  • For the engine there may be some missing parts. I think I purchased a yellow top coil.
  • The car had a 66 vintage 4-barrel carburetor that I traced numbers to 66 Mustang or some Falcon models. It's torn down and I have the rebuild kit. Has some issues and missing manual choke parts so may want to consider a modern carb.
I'm figuring out how to attach pictures so if you're interested, I can email them to you for now. I also have a ton of the receipts that I can scan and email. Thoughts on a fair price would be helpful. Truck is currently in Dothan AL and I'm moving to New Orleans. I've got a ton of pics if you're interested.

Uncle Butter

Contributor
A bronco project just sold on BaT for around $32k I think. If not that, close. You could check that build out; pics, descriptions, user comments and adjust your pricing upwards or downwards based on that comparison. It's a good place to start while you do other due diligence like reviewing advice from the experts in this forum.

OP
OP
rmcbama

rmcbama

Loc.
Birmingham
A bronco project just sold on BaT for around $32k I think. If not that, close. You could check that build out; pics, descriptions, user comments and adjust your pricing upwards or downwards based on that comparison. It's a good place to start while you do other due diligence like reviewing advice from the experts in this forum.
Thanks for the insight. I'll check it out. I need help with BaT? Not sure what that is.

OP
OP
rmcbama

rmcbama

Loc.
Birmingham
Worked through some internet issues yesterday but finally got some pics uploaded to a web link. If you're interested, please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.