• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1968 Stroppe Kit Baja Bronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
City: Paso Robles
Price: $ 127500

1968 Bronco U14 with Stroppe Baja Bronco package added in 1972 (documented) at original El Paso, TX selling dealer. Complete nut and bolt restoration on a solid original Bronco. Original body and frame/axles and drivetrain from 1972. This kit was purchased from Stroppe including: Stroppe Saginaw Power steering kit with all gussets and brackets, Stroppe auto trans with STROPPE lettered adapter, coolers, dual shocks front and rear, padded rollbar, rubberized steering wheel, 351W with 4bbl and headers. Pushbar has been added during restoration as have the slot mags = this kit had wide steel wheels according to 2nd owner. It underwent a nut and bolt full restoration from 2018-2022 with a few upgrades including James duff suspension, Power Disc Brakes, and custom bench seat. It's a pleasure to drive and is tuned and mechanically sound - not an unfinished project. Message me for more photos ! I'll be adding some more here shortly! Marti available, Original color was DOT orange. Selling this for my client - as I helped him throughout the project.

Attachments

• IMG_8991.jpg
    IMG_8991.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_9002.jpg
    IMG_9002.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_9007.jpg
    IMG_9007.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_8998.jpg
    IMG_8998.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_8997.jpg
    IMG_8997.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_9003.jpg
    IMG_9003.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_9004.jpg
    IMG_9004.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 526

Broncoblood

Contributor
very cool
very unique
slots or steels, either way looks tough
does the blue Stroppe bar have any significance or just a color choice?

1968 Bronco U14 with Stroppe Baja Bronco package added in 1972 (documented) at original El Paso, TX selling dealer. Complete nut and bolt restoration on a solid original Bronco. Original body and frame/axles and drivetrain from 1972. This kit was purchased from Stroppe including: Stroppe Saginaw Power steering kit with all gussets and brackets, Stroppe auto trans with STROPPE lettered adapter, coolers, dual shocks front and rear, padded rollbar, rubberized steering wheel, 351W with 4bbl and headers. Pushbar has been added during restoration as have the slot mags = this kit had wide steel wheels according to 2nd owner. It underwent a nut and bolt full restoration from 2018-2022 with a few upgrades including James duff suspension, Power Disc Brakes, and custom bench seat. It's a pleasure to drive and is tuned and mechanically sound - not an unfinished project. Message me for more photos ! I'll be adding some more here shortly! Marti available, Original color was DOT orange. Selling this for my client - as I helped him throughout the project.
This Bronco build is a true inspiration that you don't have to replace a frame, install a Coyote engine, aftermarket everything drive train to build a beautiful well engineered Bronco. Those expensive builds lose the original genius of design and beautiful style that the engineers and stylists' intended for an Early Bronco. This highly modified for the day, beautiful Bronco retains the original design intent and is just so darn cool! Thank for sharing it with us.

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Buckeroo, thats the nail on the head there. And it's what I go for with Baja Broncos or Broncos I restore and own too. I mean, unless you HAVE to change something major in terms of frame/motor/etc then you must, but I've been able to do so without changing the Bronco into something far from what it was to begin with. These Kit Bajas are super rare - as the registrar for the Baja Broncos, I've come across only a few that I've been able to document - and documentation is key for these ones. I have a registry going for the kits and it includes both ones done at Stroppe in Long Beach and ones done at the selling dealer. If it's not docuemented it doesn't get on the Registry. If it doesn't have documentation I need to inspect it. Anyway, this one is ON! https://bajabronco.com/kitregistry/

OP
OP
BajaBronco

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
very cool
very unique
slots or steels, either way looks tough
does the blue Stroppe bar have any significance or just a color choice?

Thanks Bobby! The Blue was a nod to Big Oly's cage as was the gold and white. And the chrome grill too - Big oly's first races as Big Oly (and even as Crazy Colt), it wore a chrome grill.

I'll throw this out there. We all know what it costs to build a Bronco to this level. With a little more work - I could change this or that - wheels, color, etc for the buyer if we have a game plan and a deal made.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Wow, really cool bronco!! So rad it still has the documentation. Id love to own something like that one day.