• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1968 Sport with Stroppe History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broncopiper

Loc.
Tehachapi, Ca
BRONCO HAS SOLD
This 1968 Bronco Sport is being sold as family interests have changed and a desire to park other cars in the garage. Bronco's have occupied half or the entire garage for the past 20+ years.

NEW UPDATES TO THIS FORUM POSTING

Two video showing this Bronco, one is a short road trip and the other cover questions I have received on the Bronco.

Click on video link to view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U72LzkdwiIs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tl5cCkHLvE

Due to the age of the tires on the Bronco I will giving a $1000.00 allowance for the purchase of five new tires (new owner to determine Brand, type and size of tires) at the current asking price of $15000.00 or a reduction in price to $14000.00 as is with current tires.

***RARE ITEMS ***

***In Sept 1971 this '68 went to Stroppe and Associates shop in Long Beach Ca, to have a automatic transmission conversion done. It recieved the same auto trans parts as Stroppe Baja Bronco's ordered with conversion (71-75). (C4, Intermediate housing with stroppe in casting, tranny cooler+lines and Auto column-with shifting & kickdown rods).
**Have shop Reciept with Bill Stroppe's signature**
Please see photo below showing Stroppe items on vehicle.

*** In most of the photos the Bronco has 15X10 Slotted US Wheel Co. Aluminuim Wheels. (purchased at James Duffy first shop in 1974 along with the smittybilt Roll bar/Cage and right side 14 gal fuel tank) the Bronco is being sold with both sets of wheels (Slotted & stock steel)

***Has been family owned since it was purchased new from National City Ford in National City ,Ca.(grandfather 1968 to Jun 1973, my father Jun 1973 to Jun 1990, and I have had it since.)

***The '68 is California Bronco and has been garaged 99.95% of it life. It is as rust free as a 42 year old Bronco can be. All of its sheetmetal is original, no replacements. Notice original Black Ca license plates in photos.

The top has been removed only one time in it life and that was for the installation of roll bar/cage.

Current mileage is 180131.1.

At the time I took over the Bronco it had been in garage storage for ten years (1980-1990). It was determined that several items needed to be rebuilt and or replaced to enable the Bronco to be driven daily. The 289 was rebuilt, Dana 30 bushings replaced and complete brake job (all new parts front and rear). It was then driven as a daily driver for the next nine years.

In 2000 and 01 this '68 had several upgrades (Duff power brakes, powered steering, Dana 44 with Disc brakes and other items). Upgrades and parts replacement was due to a '71 Bronco that my dad had purchased. We had a an aggrement where I would do all the work and he would purchase identical parts for both Broncos to keep me in good with the wife as she was still driving the 68 daily. After 2001 another vehicle replaced the '68 as a daily driver. Since that time this Bronco has only accumulated 3371 miles. As far as problems with the Bronco there are none!

Please visit the following link for additional Photo's.
http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l638/Broncopiper/68 Ford Bronco/

The list on this Bronco is long. So if you are interested I can provide a complete list of upgrades, parts replaced, and engine rebuild specs to include dates and mileage.(have reciepts for most parts)

Additional items being sold with Bronco and not seen in photo's.

*Rear axle truss (put back on last Friday)
*Duff rear Fiberglass fender flares and hardware (new in box)
*Stock wheel- hub caps front and rear(4)
*Transfer skid plate (off for undercarraige photo's)

broncopiper@att.net
Dale

Attachments

• 68 Left Front 2.jpg
    68 Left Front 2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 68 Left Front.jpg
    68 Left Front.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 68 Left Rear 2.jpg
    68 Left Rear 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 206
  • 68 Right Front.jpg
    68 Right Front.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 68 Left Side Exterior.jpg
    68 Left Side Exterior.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 68 Front.jpg
    68 Front.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Engine Compartment3.jpg
    Engine Compartment3.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Transfer case Adapter (stroppe).jpg
    Transfer case Adapter (stroppe).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Top 1.jpg
    Top 1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Right Side Door open.jpg
    Right Side Door open.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Drivers side .jpg
    Drivers side .jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Rear with tail and lift open.jpg
    Rear with tail and lift open.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Really nice bronco, looks a lot like my stroppe built 68. Mine had the rims, fenders rolled, stroppe roll bar, hitch, dual shocks, tachometer and floor shifter done at stroppe. Good luck with the sale on a great looking bronco with a great history. Heres a few pics of mine
my68.jpg

DSC00878.JPG

DSC00880.JPG

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Great looking Bronco, looks like you are over in Golden Hills? I was up in Bear Valley with my 67 back in the early to mid 90s.

Dogdare

Good luck with the sale, that's a nice looking Bronco.

A lot of family history there, it's a shame you have to sell it.

Herb

OP
OP
B

Broncopiper

Loc.
Tehachapi, Ca
Update to original Forum Posting

Please revisit the original forum posting on this 1968 Bronco as it has been updated with videos and price information.

Status
Not open for further replies.