• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 need recommendation for a dual master cylinder

BroncoOwner.me

My 66 has a single reservoir master cylinder and it's currently got a slow leak. For safety reasons I think I need to put a dual master cylinder in it. Anyone have recommendations on where to source?

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Any 70s Ford or Lincoln master cylinder will bolt to your firewall. I'm running a '79 Lincoln Town car MC with front disc and rear drum. I like the larger reservoir and pedal feel is good for me with the larger piston.

If you want to keep it relatively stock, simply buy a master cylinder for a 1967 Bronco.

Regardless of what you decide to use, you're going to need to add new brake lines.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Are you still drums all around? Staying that way?
'67 Bronco master, pushrod, and brake light switch would be my first pick.
If Disk brakes are in the plan, just get a matching disk brake master now.

OP
OP
BroncoOwner.me

BroncoOwner.me

Are you still drums all around? Staying that way?
'67 Bronco master, pushrod, and brake light switch would be my first pick.
If Disk brakes are in the plan, just get a matching disk brake master now.

yes, stock 66 all the way around so yes, drum front and rear. I want to keep it as original as possible but just a little safer. I can't imagine losing breaks and plowing into a tree (my daughter would not be too happy as I promised she could have the Bronco some day)

Bradly

yes, stock 66 all the way around so yes, drum front and rear. I want to keep it as original as possible but just a little safer. I can't imagine losing breaks and plowing into a tree (my daughter would not be too happy as I promised she could have the Bronco some day)
You will need to add a proportioning block just below the master cylinder on the frame that splits the front and rear brakes