• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 brakes pull to the left still

harleyabarton

Loc.
Jupiter
Ok yall ive made a few threads about this and still haven't salved the problem. alright ive got a 1966 ford bronco when i bought it it pulled to the right then i changed the front shoes and wheel cylinders and it then pulled to the left instead. now ive put power steering power brakes. a H valve. the lines are less then 10 years old. new shoes new wheel cylinders all the way around and new drums in the back, problem is a little better but it still pulls to the left when i hit the brakes. bump steer is not a problem and i already rotated the tires incase one was very unbalanced. im at my wits end. idk what happening or how to fix it. its the rear drums for sure :cry:because it doesn't try to turn the steering wheel or anything like that.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can kind of understand you wanting to start a new thread with the new subject line, but it's a lot better if you simply continue with a single thread where all the previous information has already been discussed. That way people like me, who can't remember what day it is sometimes, can go back a page or three in the same discussion to see what we've already gone over.

Otherwise we're all just going to repeat many of the same recommendations that you've probably already heard.
And that way too, you get a built-in audience in the form of anyone that contributed to the last thread is going to get a notification that you have new information.

Good luck either way!

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In the meantime, what tires are you running? How old? I don't remember you saying anything about the pull changing directions after the brake work was done, so what about those tires?
Could the tires have gone to a different corner after the work was done? Or were they all done one at a time, so you know that each tire went back where it was before.

Just thinking that maybe a pull is following a tire.

Paul

OP
OP
H

harleyabarton

Loc.
Jupiter
In the meantime, what tires are you running? How old? I don't remember you saying anything about the pull changing directions after the brake work was done, so what about those tires?
Could the tires have gone to a different corner after the work was done? Or were they all done one at a time, so you know that each tire went back where it was before.

Just thinking that maybe a pull is following a tire.

Paul

im sorry about that ill keep that in mind for next time!

but ya they were all put on the exact same way. and then after i did the brake work and nothing changed, i went ahead and changed the tires around to see if it would change. i put drivers rear to the passenger front and vise versa and then the same for the passenger rear and driver front,

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
If you have something loose or out of whack up there it can pull you on hard braking. Loose u-bolts in the rear can do it too but that was more noticeable on acceleration and deceleration of the motor

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The way that the suspension and steering is designed, it can easily lead to pulling one way or the other. However, this will not change direction from changing other components. It's always going to pull one way during acceleration and the other way under decel.
It's a function of the angle of the trackbar and draglink for the most part I would say.

Is the truck lifted, or modified in other ways?

Paul