• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 project auto tranny/brakes

DonH

Loc.
WA State 30 miles from the beach
Sometime this summer my 66 project may support a C4. It will also support power brakes. The power brakes size interfers with the engine valve covers. With the C4 install there should be room to move the brake pedal box the drivers side enough to clear the valve cover. In some of the project pictures this was done. This is all in the thinking stage and looking for a little input.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I believe I have seen a booster that will fit without the bracket that moves it over the fender. There is also hydroboost..

OP
OP
DonH

DonH

Loc.
WA State 30 miles from the beach
I believe I have seen a booster that will fit without the bracket that moves it over the fender. There is also hydroboost..
I know the braket works well but I would rather not have it. If there is another booster brake unit that will work, I have time to look for it. The jury is still out using the hydroboost. I have to remove the dash for the new wireharness so moving the brake assy should not be a problem.