• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1965 fastback mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Well I'm giving ebay one last try to sell my 65 fastback. If it doesn't sell this time around I will hold onto it until next year and see if the market gets any better. As most of you know I'm looking to sell the stang and buy an EB so any sort of trade offer one may have, toss it out there. Also would consider a 2000 and up R6 bike in trade.

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
daduze2, you should put more of a description about your bronco in the for sale ad on CL. I don't recall seeing it for sale here. It sounds nice in the short video you have posted.

I've been trying to sell/trade my mustang on and off for a while now. Things just aren't moving right now but I refuse to give the car away. I went all out on the car so I know how well it was restored. Point is something will come along sooner or later so in the mean time I've just been waiting. I'm in no hurry any more. If it doesn't sell I will find the right EB project sooner or later and have both the stang and EB.

There was a K code coupe here in Fl that just sold on ebay. It needed restored but I think it was a complete car with the original motor and all. it sold for about what you're asking for you EB. I haven't seen any driver condition fastbacks for $12K. The're almost all project cars. I see rust buckets selling for stupid money all the time. I've seen a few fastbacks for sale here in Fl. I would be happy to keep you posted if I find a good deal and help you obtain a stang. There's a ton of coupes for sale down here.

daduze2

Loc.
Central IL
Yeah I know.....I love my bronco so I'm not trying too hard either. One guy offered me a 65 GT coupe with an A code engine that he called "super clean"......emailed me once but hasnt emailed me back. Said he has always wanted an early bronco.

A classic dealer in missouri told me 10k in a trade for a 1970 MACh 1.....I just cant throw any extra cash on anything right now.

Your right about your fastback....its very nice.

I was interested in the fastback in the link below but I'm not too sure about how its built. Its a coupe converted to a fastback....how do you think those conversions go over?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/824241299.html

I think I might be able to get it for 8,000 and my bronco after the few emails I have had with the guy.
Sound like a good deal....the interior and engine bay look good too.

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Well it looks like a very nice car and I myself would not have an issue with a coupe to fastback conversion and would even do one myself but I would not pay the going rate of fastbacks. I think it would hold a value less than that of a 6cly fastback of course the mods done to the car affect the value as well. You will find that if you if you try to resell it you may have a hard time doing so unless you hide the fact that it was a conversion. Is the car titled as a fastback or a coupe? If it's titled as a coupe then way less for the car!

With out knowing more about your EB and the fastback I can really say if it's a good deal not but the fastback looks to be worth checking out.

I would ask for pictures of the coversion which by the way is becoming more and more popular with the value of the fastbacks going up.

daduze2

Loc.
Central IL
thought so....its titled as a coupe but the guy says he has a fastback vin number and title to a fastback.....not sure why he would have that.

Your post is right on with what I was thinking.

Well....I'll let you get back to selling your mustang....very nice car....I wish I could buy it from you. Good luck.

Let us know when you get your bronco.

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
He has the vin from teh fastback shell ihe took the roof from which is a good thing. It's nice to know he did not try to swap vins and pass it off as a real fastback. Have to give him credit for that.

The problem I see would be is the seller wants fastback money for a coupe titled car. What happens when you need to insure it for the fasback value but it has a coupe title? May not be a big issue but worth looking into before you made a move on it.

Every one here will know when (hopefully) I get an EB. ;D

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
73 i have been helping you get your price up on ebay. check hemmings, i never thought fastbacks bring the money they are bringing for builders. it hard to even find a six cylinder for under 15K. have you been over to mustangsteve's

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Yep, Mustang steve was the first mustang site I found when I started building my car but I don't visit there much any more. Matter of fact I built my own cable conversion for the 5 speed trans and was talking with MS during that time and he was coming up with his own design which has changed from his first concept back then. I don't even visit the VMF much any more. I spend my time here.

I've had my car on ebay before and it hasn't done well at all. It may have been the pictures I had at the time or just bad timing but you are correct about the prices of the fastbacks. I see builders going for good money as well and I think my car is priced pretty well given the detail of the restoration.

If it doesn't sell I will gladly keep it. I still enjoy the car very much.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Get the restroom out of it and it should sell..."Several people have asked about the shiter in the car...";D

I'm just playing with you...that's a sweet ride. Back in high school I always wanted one...65 fastback to be exact. Then I bought my first Bronco and figured as long as I was sitting in the same seats, it was good enough for me...

Good luck selling it...

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I tried to change the words but since there already bids are the car it locks me out from making the changes. I can only add new updates and not edit the old description. That's what I get for not proof reading it first before posting. It is kind of funny and in it's own way that may be enough to get people to talk about it and spread the word even more about the car being for sale. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.