• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

170 straight six rear main seal

Bdhand

Contributor
Anybody got a RUBBER 2 piece rear main seal for a 170 straight six. Can't find one anywhere in the US!!

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just completely built an early '66 170 and I didn't realize there was a gasket shortage. Of course, I used a complete gasket kit from FelPro. That's crazy you cant find one. Have you tried a complete gasket kit ?

Attachments

• Buttercup 2.2.jpg
    Buttercup 2.2.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 23
  • Buttercup 2.1.jpg
    Buttercup 2.1.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Bdhand

Bdhand

Contributor
No. Do you happen to have the part number for it

OP
OP
Bdhand

Bdhand

Contributor
I have the rope seal but I want the rubber two piece

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
I have the rope seal but I want the rubber two piece

Word of caution, Felpro has sourced it rubber re-main seals from China, I had 2 bad from them. They look great going in. Pre-lubed them. Run the motor for 15-20 minutes and they are toast. Pulled it apart and the seal was torn both times. Got a USA made seal from my machine shop guy and good to go.

OP
OP
Bdhand

Bdhand

Contributor
Svastano does he have any more seals. If you could get me his info I can reach out to him

OP
OP
Bdhand

Bdhand

Contributor
Found two at a local auto parts store so I should be good. Thank the Lord!!!

CraigS

Couldn't find one anywhere in the US, but there were two at the local auto parts store??

OP
OP
Bdhand

Bdhand

Contributor
I searched all the parts stores in two counties and of course all over the internet then today at work I happened to remember one small mom and pop parts store across the county. Called them and they had two so I bought them!!

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
many R again goin back to put the new rope in, don't hafta remove the pin either.