• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wood Bronco, Carlisle All-Truck Nationals

Mayz

Loc.
Jackson, NJ
I'm not sure if any one has seen this before, but I bet most of you have. While I was a the Carlisle All-Truck Nationals show I saw this masterpiece. The entire body of this 77 bronco is made out of cherry wood. I'm amazed...

I searched the forums and I didn't see anything that discussed this.

IMG_7467fdthreerheh.jpg

IMG_7476.jpg

IMG_7461.jpg

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
Actually, the guy is a farmer (very buisy)...Started the project in Sept. (year before last 04) and showed it at JBG BroncoRama (May, 05)
VERY NICE!!!
He builds something out of wood every year...He built a jeep cj-5 in 03...Looks like something the "Flintstones" would love to drive...The Bronco, and Jeep were very COOL in person, this guy is an expert in woodcrafting.....

66Gasgrill

Loc.
Canton, NC
He had it at the Carlisle All Ford Nationals as well. Very nice people. If I rember correctly he said they have built 6 different wooden rigs. The CJ-5, Bronco, a mid 90's Ranger and several others. He told me it is all 1 3/4" strips shaped to perfection and then (glued?) together. The guy is a true craftsman.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I recalll seeing this in one of the Bronco Driver issues. If I recall right there was supposed to be a full story coming out on it. Don't recall if it ever made it into it though.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
66Gasgrill said:
He had it at the Carlisle All Ford Nationals as well. Very nice people. If I rember correctly he said they have built 6 different wooden rigs. The CJ-5, Bronco, a mid 90's Ranger and several others. He told me it is all 1 3/4" strips shaped to perfection and then (glued?) together. The guy is a true craftsman.
The Ranger was on display at All-Trucks as well. All in all the Bronco was truer to form - but both are incredible pieces of work!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It was parked right by my stuff at All-Ford Nats. It rained cats and dogs off and on all three days and the guy never so much as bothered to even stick a tarp over it..wasn't the least bit worried about it getting wet. (I would be worried it would ..warp? ;D ). Very nice workmanship.