• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SaddleUp Soft top

Have you paid for the soft top

• I paid in Full

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I paid a deposit

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • On waiting list - No money paid

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Paid and received my top

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Wanted a top from Rick and now holding off

Votes: 99 82.5%

• Total voters

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
If you are waiting for a soft top from saddle up. post when you paid, how much, any responses from Rick.

If you received your top. How long was the wait? Still happy after the wait, etc.

Thanks,

I paid 50% in September with a promised December delivery.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
I had considered someday getting a top from Rick for another EB project, but definitely won't be going that route after what I've seen/read over the past year or so.

I don't care how busy you are, you could spend 10 minutes to log on here and post the status of everyone's order. Especially if you've been holding their money for, in some cases, up to a year. He hasn't been on here since Oct 22.

Imagine if JBG did something like this? People would getting violent.

jkransbottom

Loc.
Stallings, NC
I paid in full in early June with a stated delivery time of 6-8 weeks. It'll be 6 months next week. The last contact I had with Rick was 3 months ago when he said I was number 8 on the list.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'll never order from him again. While I did not place an order for a top, I paid more than $1000 for a nearly complete rear end from him back in June and still have not received anything. I've sent him PMs and e-mails that have gone ignored, and every time I call him the parts will "be on their way soon." Funny that he did not have a problem spending all the money I sent him on parts for his rig and had the time to install them too. :mad:

Last edited:

Big Rig

Loc.
San Diego, CA
I almost pulled the trigger back on the first run, but held out a day too long and somebody beat me to that 10th spot. I don't know who it was, but thanks for saving me the headache. From what I've seen Rick's top looks and fuctions the best, but that's not worth a darn if it takes a year plus to deliver it.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
The quality is very good. I now of a few of them on my side of town. That said most bought when Rick had one in hand. Every time I get $$ save for a new top someitng else blows up (now new electrail bs). I am going to hold out for the full top with sides and the rear hatch. Like many small shops 50% down is common place, but more than a month out... I am dealing with a major copier comapny and they gave me the national back order BS on tonner. It is pre paid and they were not giving any ETAs on ship datre. One quick call to company B and OMG tonner will be here friday. Saddly with this quality top IMOP there is no option B at this point. I will take a look at BCBs new top. At least Chuck is here letting us know where they are with his vendor selection. I think Rick is overwelmed with his new business and family. I do agree that constant contact with customers and suppliers is a must. Rick I am here if you need any help geeting your business out the door.

holy soap box batman

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I have been waiting a year now. I paid him in full last december. I have called him many times only to get a hold of him a few times and never a return call. I have heard all the excuses I want to hear. I have seen pictures of some of the new parts on his truck. Yes he is spending someones money. I have asked for my money back, he told me "I have no money to give back." " I have spent it all". Those are his words. I think only about 4 or 5 of the original 10 tops have been built to date. That is less than one every two months. So if you are # 10 you will get yours next year at this time. How does that sound. I am sure that there is a dollar limit from just plain theft to consumer fraud. something I am sure I will be checking up on. It would be nice to know just how much money / product is owed to the customers / victims in this top fiasco. Some potential victims may choose to keep quite on this subject. choosing not to take the risk of pissing Rick off and him never sending any product at all. Well for me rick has stolen my money and I am way passed the point of worrying about if rick is pissed and if I am being moved to #10 or #20? I am more interested in if I don't get my top by christmas ( His last promise) how much money I will spend to burry his nose in the court system. It is amazing how much people will spend to get satisfaction.
The whole thing just pisses me off.
Bax

dan12580

just an outside observation ( as well as a chance to take up for someone who i and pretty much everyone else has nothing but good to say about them) he could have taken the time he took to talk crap about chuck and just fired off a few emails to let people know whats up. again, just an outside observation from someone who doesnt have a clue about much of anything.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I waited since Oct of last year. It was worth the wait. He's a one man operation and the quality is top notch. My STC and Bestop were crap compared to this.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Internet Fraud is investigated buy a division of the FBI. The FAQ's on their web site is full interesting information. Here are two I find interesting. Also it is very easy to file a complaint.

Q: Do you have a definition of Internet crime that I can refer to?
Internet crime is defined as any illegal activity involving one or more components of the Internet, such as websites, chat rooms, and/or email. Internet crime involves the use of the Internet to communicate false or fraudulent representations to consumers. These crimes may include, but are not limited to, advance-fee schemes, non-delivery of goods or services, computer hacking, or employment/business opportunity schemes.

Q: Can I file a complaint if I have been defrauded of money or goods?
If you believe you are the victim of an Internet crime, or if you are aware of an attempted crime, you can file a complaint on our website. Be sure to include as much information as possible about yourself (i.e. name, email address, mailing address, etc.), the perpetrator, and the Internet crime that you are reporting in order to expedite your complaint.

starkypdx

Loc.
Secret lab in Oregon
If it was me in this situation I wouldn't have waited a year or even 6 weeks for the top. My thoughts as humble as they are:

1- Ask that all the advertisements be removed from this and any other site, if we have a bad vendor here any of their promoting posts need to be removed as well as any paid advertisements. Admin are you listening?

2- File a complaint via the FBI Inet fraud division. We do it in the heavy equipment world and have had success in situations such as this. You'll have good angle on this. You'll probably want to get copies of any advertisements you have seen.

3- Anywhere you see an advertisement for the product the ask the publisher to have it removed and explain the situation.

4- You might want to contact the Clark county sheriff or Washington state police and file a complaint.

5- IRS is always a good place to contact regarding the "extra" income.

Good luck.
stark

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
You guys need to settle down, either get your money back and let the guys who are willing to wait for what we knew in advance, a one man business with a long lead time, for a product that is better than any other on the market.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
You guys need to settle down, either get your money back and let the guys who are willing to wait for what we knew in advance, a one man business with a long lead time, for a product that is better than any other on the market.

Well if I could get my money back I would settle down. If I could get my top I would settle down. I have asked for both. I have waited, I have been promised several different delivery dates. And I need to settle down? Send me your $1,100.00 dollars and let me hold it a year for you. When you ask for it back and I say "no" just settle down. Tell me how you really would react.

Frankenhorse

Loc.
Smyrna,TN
I feel for you Bax. You have waited long enough and have every right to say anything about the situation. I seems people on this site have been taken advantage of. If this had gone on over at Pirate it would have been over and done long ago. I hope you get it settled one way or another. Perhaps one of these guys that are willing to wait can send you their money to take your place.%)

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
I have thought of buying a trail cover from him but from past posts I won't. My .02 if you take money from someone and spend it without delivering the product and tell them that they don't have the money to pay them back that is stealling and fraud. Plain and simple.

starkypdx

Loc.
Secret lab in Oregon
That's a good idea Frankenhorse... ( laughing) ... whoever wants to be higher on the never to be delivered list send your money to BAX and you can have his spot. Hurry though.. there's on one spot available. If we have enough people interested in selling their spots we could put this in the mass buy section and the next 10 sheep can step up.
Bax turn up the heat on em!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Thank you Frankenhorse, you bring up a very good point. knowing what everyone knows about the situation. Do you think that there is anyone that is going to be willing to give me $1,100 dollars for my spot in line and put their trust in rick for an actual delivery to them? Reality check. That is the graph at the top of the thread.

Anyone, want to let me hold your money and not give it back.

OldStyleBronco

Loc.
Oahu / LA / DC
I would highly suggest the vendor do the uncomfortable thing and respond. I've always found the fellow Bronco (most) owner as a reasonable person. You just need to come forward and explain the situation and not hide from it. By all accounts this guy is a stand-up guy that appears to have gotten over his head. This is the time to step up and answer the phone / email / posts.... things will only get easier from there.

Good Luck

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Not a top, but I got a trail cover from him, I missed the mass buy on them but when he replied he had enough to make a few more, I jumped and got it withing a couple weeks. Not sure why the trail covers were no problems compared to the tops.