• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Glad to see you’re fine @Madgyver

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
X2. It looked like it took a good hit. That Bronco will probably be rebuilt and driving by tomorrow afternoon 🤣. They make it look easy.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
OK, I missed the back story. What happened?

On FB, Orange bronco lost traction and spun into a concrete divider. Punched the L/S front pretty good. Bent the frame by the steering box just in front of the front body mount. Posts all day long showed peanut supervising the disassembly, frame section being cut out and the donor frame piece being readied to go back on. (I have over simplified it)

Last edited:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Thanks guys..
Taz is okay. shook up but okay. GF took a little while to recover, her body was sore.
Bronco will be fixed. Took off all the front body parts and damages were cut out the next day.
working on it after work this week fabricating a steering box mount using a cut down section of 4x4x1/4" tube.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks guys..
Taz is okay. shook up but okay. GF took a little while to recover, her body was sore.
Bronco will be fixed. Took off all the front body parts and damages were cut out the next day.
working on it after work this week fabricating a steering box mount using a cut down section of 4x4x1/4" tube.

So glad to see it wasn't worst brah...

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Thanks for asking, I'm not doing it myself and been waiting for time with Taz but Taz been on 12 hour shifts throughout the week and we got really bad weather happening. We now got flooding this week in some areas and nice sunny patches in others. You may have saw it in the news. Predictable but not really. Get set up to work and then a deluge comes down on you. wind chills make you want to stay indoors.
Steering box rail is welded on, just need to line up passenger side after a stock bumper gets mocked up. Inner fenders got messed up so Taz bent up some 1" sch40 tube to tube front. Got to order new radiator because he is not taking the rad for Green77. Got another grill ready to go, Existing fenders and hood will be worked.
Now if we could get more sunny days.