• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru

awest5321

Contributor
Loc.
Exit 79 on I85
Installed the Bronco script valve covers today. Also turns out I have a 1965 289? At least it’s clean. The guy I got the engine from wasn’t sure if it was a 289 or 302 but was told it was rebuilt at some point but had low miles on it.

View attachment 921145
View attachment 921146 View attachment 921147 View attachment 921148
My valve covers have been sitting on the shelf in my shop for a year. Bought at Super Cell last April. Yours look really good. Makes me want to get mine installed maybe tomorrow.

awest5321

Contributor
Loc.
Exit 79 on I85
Got my battery cables made and installed for my winch control box relocation. Running wires for my handheld control inside to the dash tomorrow. Got Raptor Liner sprayed last Friday and reinstalled my roll cage today also. Ready to get my interior finished so I can drive it some before Super Cell in April.

Attachments

• raptor.jpg
    raptor.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 45
  • raptor2.jpg
    raptor2.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 44
  • winch.jpg
    winch.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 46
  • winch2.jpg
    winch2.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 48

Lawndart

Loc.
Woken from winter slumber. Not much over the winter, just a new fuse subpanel and some new shoes.
53604824613_e1d6c33730_c.jpg

53734758254_b5c9a7bfe8_c.jpg

Last edited:

Lawndart

Loc.
What a unique bronco, know the story?
It is a '73 Explorer and was originally purchased in Littlefield, TX. Spent most of its life (by years) in SW Oklahoma. Someone in Pennsylvania purchased it from the original family for a restomod. Thankfully, they came to their senses when they looked it over and found it to be very original. I purchased it from that Pennsylvanian about 10 years ago with 37,000 original miles. The original owners had put a suspension lift, cut the fenders, added later gen Bronco wheels, rollbar and cut the dash for a single DIN radio. That was about it. I flew there and drove it back to Kansas.

I installed new OEM height suspension, "proper" white wagon wheels and drove it while tidying up things as I rolled along. I recovered the Indian-blanket seats, new fender flares (paint matched), new exhaust and engine stuff as needed (timing chain, etc). I put the cactus smasher on there as well as the BC Bronco's soft top (I had the frame painted Wimbledon white). I daily drive it spring-fall (no road salt). It now has over 120,000 miles and counting.

About the stripes and truck "Explorer" badges - I do not know for certain. They appear to be same age as the Bronco. The badges were properly installed with no butchery and proper OEM hardware. My suspicion is the strips and badges were dealer installed.

Schloer2

About the stripes and truck "Explorer" badges - I do not know for certain. They appear to be same age as the Bronco. The badges were properly installed with no butchery and proper OEM hardware. My suspicion is the strips and badges were dealer installed.

The stripes fit the truck perfectly - first time I have seen stripes that work with the Sport trim and have me thinking about doing something similar to mine. Nice work saving such a unique and original rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Found this yesterday at Hobby Lobby. So if you new Bronco folks need a rainy day project. Then today I started mine and backed it in the garage and tore apart the front axle. Replacing all 4 ball joints this week and then come go back together time upgrading the front axel shaft and lock in/outs. bc10.jpg

Attachments

• bc5.jpeg
    bc5.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 18
  • bc8.jpg
    bc8.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 17
  • bc11.jpg
    bc11.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 17
  • bc2.jpeg
    bc2.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 17
  • bc9.jpg
    bc9.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 18

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Sourced a 302 and 3 speed to build for my '69 project. Mine has a 302 but block is cracked. Not sure about the the condition of my 3 speed but the guy selling the 302 had 4 to choose from, so I picked the cleanest one and threw it on the trailer, too.

IMG_0983.jpg

Mikes Early Bronco

Contributor
Oily Driveway Guy
Pressed on pinion inner bearing and ARB carrier bearings. Also mounted the ring gear. Hopefully I’ll finally have gears shimmed and installed tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.png
    IMG_0384.png
    714.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 13