• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

selling

76fomoco

I'm on the fence about selling one of my cars. 76 bronco rust free red and black. Just finished having the engine transmission and transfercase rebuilt. 302 c4 or my 67 gto ls swap with a tko 5 speed rebuilt rearend new suspension vintage air. The bronco is cleaner than the gto both need minor work but the GTO needs paint, ive owned them both almost 20 years.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
They both have huge followings as you know so I am sure you wont have any issue selling either. I have found it really comes down to how much you use them or what emotional connection you have to one or the other. For example I only have one parking space inside and I had two broncos so I sold my 71 sport it was a really straight bronco 90 % original paint ran great, needed a few little things but was over all a great driver. I kept my 67, even though it over is not as good as the 71. It was an emotional thing, I have had my 67 for 20 years have lots of great memories in it and just have a connection with it that kind of overcame the down falls it had.
No one can tell you what one to sell it truly is up to you.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
What was the month of build? I know someone looking for a 2/76' build. Thanks.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I’ve bought, build and sold…then regretted every one of those lost rides.

79 CJ7
66 mustang ciupe
73 LUBR
65 mustang fasback
77 bronco

If I could go back in time and smack the life out of myself, I would still have all of them.

All this to say - only sell if you need to for “adulting” reasons. Otherwise, put one or both in secure, dry storage and wait to make an irreversible decision.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I’ve bought, build and sold…then regretted every one of those lost rides.

If I could go back in time and smack the life out of myself, I would still have all of them.
THIS ^^^^^^!!! I seriously have deep regret for selling the 72 Bronco I bought in 1979. Was it perfectly done? Absolutely not. But had I kept it, the 30+ years later I would have had a lot more time and money to make it the best.
With what I have learned from that is like what @jeffncs said. If you don’t HAVE to sell, prep it for storage for later. Just my 2 cents worth.

Randy

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Tough choice man. I was in your shoes once, but it was in 1979-80. I needed to give up two, of three vehicles I own at that time. My first car a 67 GTO, my first Bronco a 77 or my 73 Grand Prix 455ci SJ. So I put them all up for sale at the same time and settled with what was left. The survivor was the Grand Prix. But was traded for another Bronco a few years later. It has been Broncos ever since.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Not to be a smart ass, but if you don’t drive either one very much you might consider selling both. When you do drive one where do you go? If it’s all street cruises I think I’d keep the GTO. If you’re near some easy trails or the beach, the Bronco might be used more.

If you sell them both you’d have the coin to buy something in really condition and not have to paint the GTO. Or buy a nice boat! LOL

mebco09

Seems like the numbers are softening on all "toys" right now.

I see the Bronco as a better long term hold. 60s muscle is not as popular as it used to be, especially if your GTO needs paint.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
If you don’t use them but want to keep one I would list both for a high number and see which one gets more action. Then you sell that one and keep the other. Selling the bronco would pay for paint on the GTO. Selling the GTO would pay to do a bunch of work to the bronco. At the end of the day asking the internet which one you should sell probably isn’t the best idea. Bronco guys will tell you to keep the bronco. GTO guys will tell you to keep The GTO.

OP
OP

76fomoco

Am I missing something? I didn't see why the Bronco needs to go...
Not to be a smart ass, but if you don’t drive either one very much you might consider selling both. When you do drive one where do you go? If it’s all street cruises I think I’d keep the GTO. If you’re near some easy trails or the beach, the Bronco might be used more.

If you sell them both you’d have the coin to buy something in really condition and not have to paint the GTO. Or buy a nice boat! LOL
I just cruise them both around no real trails here. I'm just thinking out loud and was looking for input. I did drive the GTO down to tail of the dragon last year.

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis
I just cruise them both around no real trails here. I'm just thinking out loud and was looking for input. I did drive the GTO down to tail of the dragon last year.
No worries... I don't take it personal. I went through the same thing you're going through with a replica AC Cobra. It sat in the garage and I drove it very sparingly. I was back and forth with selling it but would drive it and damn if it didn't put a smile on my face. That 427 would kick in and I would grin from ear to ear. I eventually sold it and don't regret it.