• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 Bronco project

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure where you are getting the carb from, the 66 was pretty much a 1 year carb that you don't want to turn in for a core. I believe it's Michaels Carburetor that has parts and a good video. Even replacement bowl vent rods. It's the plastic looking rod on the top of the carb.

Here’s the contact info: 2D6DB83D-8ADC-4704-B9DF-315373A0663C.jpeg 3DF1E6E6-1C41-4DBC-81D1-55244F18B49B.jpeg

Last edited:

Double66

Contributor
Just discovered something which really confuses me now. I just discovered that the carburetor I have for this vehicle doesn't even fit in the holes don't lineup it's too small. I inherited this bronco after my father-in-law died, and it's been sitting in my garage for quite a few years. I am in the garage somebody brought it in to have it repaired and they never came back and got it. This was in 1995. I just assume the carburetor in the box in the back of the vehicle was the one that went on the engine but evidently it's not now I've got to try to find out what is going on because the one that was in the box is an Autolite 1100 type carburetor. Another strange thing is the bolt holes for the carburetor are angled. Most of the pictures I've seen online of other peoples engines the bolt holes are not angled. Might have to make my way to the Ford dealer to find out what actually came on this vehicle.
You're missing the plate that goes between the carb and intake.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 8

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
This was the one on my 66. Not sure if actual OEM.

Attachments

• 66BR74.JPG
    66BR74.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 66BR75.JPG
    66BR75.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 66BR76.JPG
    66BR76.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
armypilot_uh60

armypilot_uh60

Contributor
Saga continues, after a visit to my local Ford dealer where my buddy is the parts manager we discovered the date stamp on the block is 1968 and the stamp on the head/intake is 1970. I am guessing a reman engine was put in the vehicle but never finished. I am assuming it is a 170 and not a 200. Looks like what I need is the carb adapter plate to make these carbs fit right.

bmbm

Saga continues, after a visit to my local Ford dealer where my buddy is the parts manager we discovered the date stamp on the block is 1968 and the stamp on the head/intake is 1970. I am guessing a reman engine was put in the vehicle but never finished. I am assuming it is a 170 and not a 200. Looks like what I need is the carb adapter plate to make these carbs fit right.
Well the 170 will have 3 freeze plugs and the 200 will have 4 freeze plugs.

bmbm

Well the 170 will have 3 freeze plugs and the 200 will have 4 freeze plugs.
Your head is definitely a later large flat top log as seen in the pictures. And with my glasses on. If you have the complete casting numbers it could narrow down if it is a 200 or 250 head and what revision year. The log total cfm and the valve sizes increased through the years. And the carb bore size. There is a universal 250 cfm single barrel carb I have seen discussed on fordsix.com that is well liked.

bmbm

I see where you have the points distributor. For an improvement you can go with a DSII ignition. Then keep your old points stuff in a box like I do in case I need it. I haven't in 40 years but you never know.