• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any Prices To Get Someone To Paint

mista mal

Loc.
LAFAYETTE, LA
Anyone Know A Round About Figure To Paint The Bronco A Different Color. And Before I Hear It I Do Not Have The Time To Do It? Any Numbers That You All Have Dealt With Will Be Very Helpful. I Am Thinking Of Changing The Color. Below Picture Before Mechanical And Interior Restoration By Me Just After Purchase But Paint Not Bad Just Want Differnt Color.

Thanks,

Mal

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 32

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Depends - What type of paint job do you want?

If you want it done right see delta's post. Prep work and labor will cost you.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
What needs done? How much rust repair? Dents? Do you want the trim removed? The inside of the tub done? engine compartment? Would you be the one taking it apart?

Price can vary too much without a shop seeing it and finding out what exactly you want done. For just paint figure about 50-60 hours times your local bodyshop rate. Ours is $42 in my area. + add time for bodywork/rust repair, R&I lights,seats,top, ect. it will add up quick.

73explorer

Loc.
Fayetteville, NC
if the paint on there now is not bad - you just dont like the color - that could actually cost you MORE to repaint as you now probably already have the factory paint + the repaint yellow (+ who knows what other paint) - that will be way too much to put yet a 3rd paint job on top of that - which means a strip job and complete repaint - $2500+

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Do you want a trail rig? A show truck? If you just want paint, anyone can spray, but it's gonna look odd if they don't do the jams right or the interior, and if it make the paint too thick. That may be fine if it's just for trails.

Show truck= pull the doors, hood, fenders, grill, windshield, tailgate. Paint the interior, engine compartment, inside of doors. Plus all the body work and prep.

For a nice job, I would expect to pay 2500-5000, depending on body work and if the interior needs to be painted; or base coat / clear coat. You could pay a lot more if it is REALLY going to be a show truck.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Your first challenge would be finding a reputable body shop that would be willing to do a 'complete', most shops (that are good) don't do complete paint jobs anymore because they actually loose money on them, considering the amount of insurance jobs they can produce while your rig takes up space and time in their shop.

If you can manage to talk a shop into doing it, find out how long they plan to take to get it done (how many months). I would try to find a 'hot rod' builder in your area that has a spray booth and see what they'd want to spray your rig.

The more work your going to do will directly lower the effect a paint job will have on your wallet...

Good luck

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I have about $11K. into this! That includes replacing the floors & hood. I brought the body completely dismantled to the body guy, so I didn't figure my labor.

3coats base color and 4 coats clear (I think)
76BPass4.jpg

fireman1749

Loc.
Clarksville, TN
My brother owns a restoration shop and would charge around $2000 for the paint job maybe a little less if the body is in good condition and doesn't need much bodywork. He painted my roommates CJ-5 for $1600 and it looks awesome considering the amount of bodywork he had to do

The T/A in the pic he got $2800 for and he did the bird and all the pinstriping by hand

Attachments

• genimage.jpg
    genimage.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0625.jpg
    DSCF0625.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0626.jpg
    DSCF0626.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 23

fireman1749

Loc.
Clarksville, TN
Oh and he's got $8000 in this paintjob on his mustang before he opened his shop up...... so its all according on how much you wanna spend.

Attachments

• l_44e452c72a4a4f0a52507de29d8fab7a.jpg
    l_44e452c72a4a4f0a52507de29d8fab7a.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 30

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Mine is going to be-
$1000 strip and prime
$1000 body work
$2500 to paint

I forgot that that it will be apart when I carry it to him to paint. He will strip and prime and give it back for me to reassemble and line up the body lines and give it back to him to block. Then tear down again and paint. Then reassemble again.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I went a little bit overboard. If I had to do it over, I could have saved some money and had the same results.

The paint stripping and epoxy primer were more than I figured on.
We replaced the rockers, hood and complete floors including bed panel.
The fiberglass door inserts were the worst part. My body guy wanted to kill me over those. He got them perfect however.
We filled a lot of holes. The paint job is near flawless however. So the price is going to be determined on what you want done and how nice you want it.