• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Modeling work?

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I didn't know what else to title this scenario:

I've had a local woman approach me and ask that I park my Bronco in front of her store that just opened for a photo shoot. She wrote me an email and didn't say what the photos would be used for, I'm assuming social media and advertising.

If this was a personal friend I'd do it in a heartbeat but I don't know her and it's essential a modeling job. I don't have a lot of free time.

Have any of y'all been approached for this kind of Bronco modeling work before? If so, how did you handle it?

Last edited:

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Decide what an hour of your time is worth and the value of your Bronco to her advertising. I'd say $250/hr.

73azbronco

Bronco Guru
Unless they are your friend, unless they give you a contract, unless you have right of refusal, unless they pay you thousands for your time and asset, I would avoid this.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
It's just for their social media account, so it's not a real advertising job. Just heard back from them.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I was thinking about asking for a photo swap. I want a good photo of me with my Bronco :)

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't take anything lower than $100/hr. Plus, I'd be there to verify everything goes well. Also, if it required driving shots, then I would insist on driving it. Finally, remove your license plates.

Any extra money in your pocket is good.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I didn't know what else to title this scenario:

I've had a local woman approach me and ask that I park my Bronco in front of her store that just opened for a photo shoot. She wrote me an email and didn't say what the photos would be used for, I'm assuming social media and advertising.

If this was a personal friend I'd do it in a heartbeat but I don't know her and it's essential a modeling job. I don't have a lot of free time.

Have any of y'all been approached for this kind of Bronco modeling work before? If so, how did you handle it?

The photographer that did my daughter's senior pictures said she would be contacting me this Spring/Summer to use mine for photo shoots, apparently she has lots of models etc. Cost was not discussed, but i would definitely be with the Bronco. Maybe I'll just do it for copies of the pics ;D

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Dick's Sporting Goods paid me $700 to use my Bronco for a photo shoot for roughly five hours a few years back.

I only ever saw this single picture.

Attachments

• Dicks.jpeg
    Dicks.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 176

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If this is a small local business and she just wants a cool vehicle in some pics for her social media advertising, I would feel flattered that she wants to use your Bronco. No biggie. Get some cool pics of yourself in your Bronco and feel good about helping her out! Dick's is a big corporate business. Charging them for time and use of the Bronco is appropriate. I would not charge a small woman-owned business who is just starting up. Maybe buy something there and get a discount??

I guess I should ask, what kind of business? LOL

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
If this is a small local business and she just wants a cool vehicle in some pics for her social media advertising, I would feel flattered that she wants to use your Bronco. No biggie. Get some cool pics of yourself in your Bronco and feel good about helping her out! Dick's is a big corporate business. Charging them for time and use of the Bronco is appropriate. I would not charge a small woman-owned business who is just starting up. Maybe buy something there and get a discount??

I guess I should ask, what kind of business? LOL

I agree. If it helps a local business and isn't a huge hassle, I would just think it would be cool to have your truck in an ad, even if it is just social media. I guess there is the concern about the license plate, but in reality, anyone at any time can take a pic of your plate & vehicle when it's driving down the road or parked or even just remember the plate number mentally.
Maybe just request being able to pick a picture if you like one of them and have the file sent so you can get it printed.

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Scoop and Ksm and abn373, you guys got it going on. "Do onto others...……" Guys like you are a 'nuther reason I hang out here.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I’ve never done this for advertising but have done parking in front of a business as a draw, usually in some off-road pose. Mine were never pretty enough to worry about people messing with them so I set them up and left and then came back at the end of the day to pick them up. Traded for merchandise once (new set of tires) and collected $500 for another. Also done it for free with people I knew as well

crankman

Probably no, if I didnt know for sure what it was being used for especially with the word social media in there.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I am always skeptical, unfortunately.......doesn't the saying go something like this: "once it is on the internet, it is there forever"??? Who knows what it might be used for down the road.

BUT, I would go talk to the owner face to face and find out their ideas and what social media platform(s) it would be used on. Once they have it, what is to stop them from other not-mentioned uses, etc?????

I hate to be this way, but too many people in the world today just look out for themselves - not necessarily the shop owner -and could care less about the rest of us. Is the word I am looking for cynicism??

Tugross302

I told our local ford dealer that on the day that you can first order the new bronco that I would round up 15-20 EB to line the front of his lot. Hoping to draw some customers. I told him it would cost him lunch and beer in a back room somewhere. He likes the idea

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I talked to her more about it. It's just for social media and I'm totally fine with that because it's local and I asked her to tag me by name as a local artist and link up to my Instagram handle, which gives me exposure. I learned they are graphic designers. And they asked for my alien in the shot....sold.