• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Engine - Parts List and Info For Install

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jamie - Have you mocked up the engine and transmission on the frame?

Since this will be a custom install with Non Bronco parts, I would mock everything up first. Then see what needs to be done to the frame if anything. Same with steering.

Jamie Chriss

I agree on the mock up, still waiting on allot of parts, trying to get other parts of the build done while waiting.

Jamie Chriss

2nd questions: running new Coyote with 6R80 transmission out of a 2015 F150 4x4. What would be a good gear choice running 33's?

Hemmer

ed43c3160b93124d76cd3d7856eed7de.jpg

Starter bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemmer

Any one have some ideas on the air filter and I take tube ? I’m having a hard time thinking of how to make one. Any suggestions would help. Thanks a lot

Hemmer

Also any ideas for an upper radiator hose ? The one that came with the control pack hits the fan. And the stupid hose had that weird connection.

STalon89

Hemmer:
Intake- I was planning on building my own. But after finding a lot of shitty options, I went with the BC one. Fits/looks great and has the MAF sensor.

What are you running for a radiator? BC also sells a cooling hose kit and also a vacuum kit. Ive stopped buying a lot of their parts because they sell things before working the kinks out, but hoses are pretty straight forward.

Hemmer

Hemmer:
Intake- I was planning on building my own. But after finding a lot of shitty options, I went with the BC one. Fits/looks great and has the MAF sensor.

What are you running for a radiator? BC also sells a cooling hose kit and also a vacuum kit. Ive stopped buying a lot of their parts because they sell things before working the kinks out, but hoses are pretty straight forward.

After spending over 3000 bucks at B/C. I wasn’t impressed with the stuff they make or the customer service. I have been waiting months for the oil filter relocate and they won’t respond to my emails. So I most likely will not buy from them again.

Jamie Chriss

I understand the oil redirect kit they sell was back ordered from their source, they tried to do a workaround but I don't think it worked out. My big gripe with BC is they don't label their packages most of the time I don't no what I am getting. Reason 1 why I like Wild Horses...

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Moroso and FMS make the angled bracket for the oil filter. Maybe others too?

The BC radiator hose kit fits great.

Cold Air Intake - install one that is specific to your engine year/vacuum hoses. You can install the BC version but on the later 15-17 motors you will have to "T" the vacuum lines to work correctly. If you get a mustang cold air kit for the 15-17 motor the vacuum lines click into place just like the original. Looks more factory.

Hemmer

Moroso and FMS make the angled bracket for the oil filter. Maybe others too?

The BC radiator hose kit fits great.

Cold Air Intake - install one that is specific to your engine year/vacuum hoses. You can install the BC version but on the later 15-17 motors you will have to "T" the vacuum lines to work correctly. If you get a mustang cold air kit for the 15-17 motor the vacuum lines click into place just like the original. Looks more factory.

Do the mustang ones fit ? What one do you recommend ?

chmx

Coyote build with questions

Hey guys, back on the Bronco coyote build that has taking for ever. Doing it with no body lift which has been interesting to say the least. It's coming out super nice and on the last stages. It was a complete restoration. Need a little help with items below.

- Which aluminum radiator that has a nice single Electric fan option with everything that works together? I bought the basic one the Van sells and it's designed for a body lift, so it will not fit between frame rails. I need to ship it back to him if any one needs one let me know
- I ordered a 9632 starter from power master, it's clockable so should work. Stock one hit the frame
-Oil relocation bracket? BC sounds like a pain. Moroso or FMS any part numbers?
-I went with a new Atlas case so I have a 2011 Stock Ford unit ready to sell.

STalon89

Also curious on oil relocate, as I need to send mine back to BC since all of the fittings they sent with it are incorrect.

Hemmer

I was told by bc that the Ford Performance Parts M-6880-M50 for the oil relocate should work. Bc no longer has an angled relocation oil kit.

Hemmer

I have the duff bronco brake booster, even after cutting it down it’s so tight I can’t put the plastic valve cover on. Do they have a booster that’s no so big? I wasn’t planning on doing the hydro boost yet. Not sure the b/c coyote swap pump can handle all that. Any thoughts ?
Thanks

MidwestTexan

Disclaimer: I’ve just started to look into the swap and have only scratched the surface so the below info may have already been discussed.

What are y’alls thoughts on the price and motor/tranny combo from these guys?

https://lsswap.parts/product-category/coyote-swap-kits/

I’ve read about the issues some have had with the PCM, etc and seems they have a good solution.... or so it seems.

This what caught my attention from their description:

OUR KIT DOES NOT REQUIRE FORDS PERFORMANCE HARNESS & PCM. THIS KIT IS A STANDALONE ENGINE SWAP KIT THAT IS READY TO BE INSTALLED INTO YOUR SWAP PROJECT. IT DOES NOT REQUIRE THE FACTORY MUSTANG STEERING COLUMN, RADIO, OR ANY OTHER MODULE: THE PCM THAT IS PROVIDED IN THE KIT IS ALL YOU NEED FOR THIS KIT TO RUN AND BE SWAPPED INTO YOUR PROJECT.

Hemmer

cf7bc6d09882ec90fb55a2ab88b27cb1.jpg

Any one have some ideas on the radiator hoses ? The top hits my fan and the bottom has to be twisted a little to fit so it kinda has a kink in it.
Thanks

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
MidwestTexan - That kit, as is, has a motor with "Less Than 125,000 miles". I would pass on that one.

I personally have never heard of those guys. (which actually doesn't mean much) There are better deals available.