• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEED PICS of really bad / funny mods and PO "fixes"

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I don't have the pic anymore, but my old bronco that I had they used a 1x4 on the backside of the door hing%)

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have some gems from build. Behold the steel i-beam that was welded in place to act as the body mount bushing/frame/channel support and a genuine kick panel patch job with a no parking sign

IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_8311.jpg

IMG_8283.jpg

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I don't have pics, but mine had angle iron welded to the rear wheel wells inside so the guy could slide his hunting dog box in the back easily. But I am sure some would find that an appropriate modification and not out of the ordinary.

romerdoug

Sponsor/Vendor
I lost all of my pics from my build but my bronco was the ultra rare, highly sought after Lowe's lawn and garden edition. It had gate hinges on the doors, I guess he decided with all of the talk of lift off and hidden hinges he wanted to try something really special.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I have a few!!!%)%)%) Custom all thread U bolts with double blocks, custom fuse box and a custom drink holder storage box!!! And that's just on one rig!!!;D;D;D

Attachments

• DSCN1599.JPG
    DSCN1599.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCN1607.JPG
    DSCN1607.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN1584.JPG
    DSCN1584.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN1585.JPG
    DSCN1585.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 279

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Do paint jobs count? I could add my screwed up steering geometry but its not very comical, just wrong... Now watching me try to not crash every time I hit a bump, well that was solid gold (as long as you weren’t my passenger)

Attachments

• IMAGE006.jpg
    IMAGE006.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The Lowes green fence posts welded to the underside to tie in the cobble pieces of the floor. All of the fuses wrapped in aluminum foil...

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I have a few!!!%)%)%) Custom all thread U bolts with double blocks, custom fuse box and a custom drink holder storage box!!! And that's just on one rig!!!;D;D;D

Oh shit, I've turned into one of THOSE guys! I couldn't bring myself to spend $200+ on a console, so I found a wood wine box for $2.99 and screwed a Tuffy drink holder to it. It's all downhill from here. :)

Attachments

• console.jpg
    console.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 203

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Now I wish I would have taken a picture of the dual PCV setup (no breather) the PO had on my 2nd Bronco.

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
Ok ... you asked for it . :eek: You know I've seen so many unbelievable hacks over the years on the Bronco's that have come thru my shop but THIS one ... well , beat this for ... ummmm ... originality ! :-X

picture_2675.jpg

So what is it ? Hold on .... it's an Aug. 1965 U13 ! ! :eek: A buddy bought it a couple of years ago from ... the ORIGINAL owner ! It has 65K on the clock & runs awesome . The "builder" grafted an early '60's Rambler 4 door wagon rear section to it in 1969 . It was driven until it was tipped over at a ski area in '79 then put out to pasture .

picture_2678.jpg

It was in my shop last week for some ... well "cosmetics " & I did a major going over it to see what is really there . The 170 was replaced with a 289 . Get this , it was parked for 35 years . The new owner poured some gas down the carb & put a hose in a can of gas ... it fired right off & idled ! Heck the carb didn't even leak ! It runs & sounds great so all he did was drop the gas tank , flush it out & put a new screen on the pick up . So what did I find , originally Arcadian Blue , DSO : Salt Lake ... the original AM radio works great ... all knob white centers still there , glue everywhere as shag carpet was glued EVERYWHERE ( surprise surprise ) ..:p Eyebrow grill ... early hood ( 4 supports ) ...silver bucket seats ... That Rambler section is mounted to wood strips bolted to the rear quarters . They're still there under all that crap . Rambler rear bumper welded to stock CHROME bumper ! Lets see .. nice silver sun visors ... roadster speaker cover in place ... perfect t case shifter boot . MAN ! it makes you want to cry ....Future plans .... maybe Ebay it as is ... might be somebody out there with REALLY bad taste & some cash to burn or maybe gut the pig & make it a roadster .... time will . Hope I didn't ruin too many suppers ! :p