• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to buy 1966 silver front &rear seat upholstery?

Hotfeet

I ordered rear seat foam and seat upholstery for my son's birthday.
I wanted It installed nice so I dropped it off at a local upholstery shop.

The pieces are so undersized that they couldn't even steam them to stretch them. The cut the boards 1 1/2" smaller and still won't fit.
The seams are even poorly stitched.

I bought these from one of the premium bronco suppliers.
I will call them tomorrow but what do I do.

If anyone knows where to find the correct material please let me.
I will have the shop make them properly.
Thanks again
Dustin

71Broncitis

We've always had ours tailor made with original materials and fit to our seats since we've been doing these before any vendor sold reproductions, but that can get pricey (~$1500 for a front bench).

Melissa at Bronco seems to be the go to person and most highly recommend for reproduction upholstery.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Melissa at Bronco Hut. There are two types of Silver floating around, one is correct, the other's grain is incorrect. She has the right one.

OP
OP
Hotfeet

Hotfeet

Thank you very much.
I want it to be nice for him, not the junk like I ordered.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Bronco Hut is where I'll be ordering them for my '66. Also, I got the fronts for my '67 from there and they are correct also.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hotfeet, were the covers you ordered for '66 only? Or did they list other years?
Sounds by your description of the size variation that they were for later seats. Might be wrong, but that's what it sounds like.
And definitely Melissa seems to have the upholstery thing down pretty well.

Paul