• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What happened to Bronco Parts store in CA?

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I just bought a 66 with some NOS stuff from 1996 and the invoice is from Bronco Parts on Alpine in CA. What happened to them? Looks like he bought a used rear tub, quarters, and NOS fenders, rockers and door posts.
Just curious as I had never heard of them.

dezertbronco

It was run by an older man, his wife and their son. I thought when the old guy retired his son was going to take over but they closed up years ago. I used to stop by there all the time in the late 90s, but cannot remember their names right now. There is probly still an old catalog at my parents house. The old guy was real nice and they had a good mixture of parts. The first lift we put on my brothers 77 was from bronco parts.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I was only in the store once in 2003. They were in the final stages of clearing out. All I got was a cool vintage refrigerator magnet with their add on it.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i bought a big box of weatherstripping from them as they where closing down.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Yup, ran by an old guy back in the early 2000's. Their slogan had to do with being close to the Rubicon. I never shopped there myself, but know a couple of Sacramento guys who did. I've still got an old catalog of theirs around here somewhere.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
They were there in May '02. I remember stopping in and picking up a turn signal switch. They were only a couple miles from my folks place.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
It was run by an older man, his wife and their son. I thought when the old guy retired his son was going to take over but they closed up years ago. I used to stop by there all the time in the late 90s, but cannot remember their names right now. There is probly still an old catalog at my parents house. The old guy was real nice and they had a good mixture of parts. The first lift we put on my brothers 77 was from bronco parts.

Pete and Julie Riolo, as I recall. And their son, Dan. They were a smaller shop that suffered the same fate as K Bar S, California Bronco, and any number of other smaller Bronco shops over the years.

Todd Z.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Pete and I open our shops at the same time. We sold and traded a lot of items for many years. I was at the auction at the end of it all and bought some shelving and a few used parts.

One of my favorite Pete quotes "I've forgot more about Broncos than you'll ever know".;D

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I bought a bunch of stuff from them in the mid 90's while living in Sacramento. They were very nice folks. I think the company slogan was "Gateway to the Rubicon". I think Julie had her Bronco featured in Bronco Driver a year or two ago.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I still have a couple of their catalogs.

Attachments

• Bronco.jpg
    Bronco.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 19

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
She had one of the nicest stockers I've ever seen. I stopped in to pick up some parts years back when they were just getting ready to pack it in and they had it sitting out front. It only had like 35,000 or 40,000 original miles on it or some crazy thing.
He told me that they were ready to retire and their son wasn't really interested in taking it over.