• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Welding radius arm brackets to frame

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Hello,

Do the radius arm brackets need to be fully welded to the frame? On the outside and inside? Mine are bolted to the frame but welded on the outside only.

Thank you, Brett

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s a pretty important piece to the suspension.
I would,

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Me too. But you could probably get away with it just like Ford did and never have an issue unless you're planning some hard use and off-roading or use larger tires, etc.

And if you're lifted as well, now would be a great time to angle the brackets to match the angle of the radius arm as it has changed from it's original factory angle.
Maybe bolt them on, set the vehicle down on the ground with it's full weight, and weld them on then.

If it's still being built, you can compress the suspension to the expected height, based on your suspension lift, and go from there.

Just a suggestion.

Paul

OP
OP
B

bcmbcmbcm

Loc.
Wellington Fl
Thanks guys. They are actually the stock replacement brackets from WH. PO had a 3.5 lift and 35s with aftermarket drop brackets from another vendor. I prefer a stock-ish look and ride and took it back to stock ride height and 31s using the WH radius arm brackets, BC 9 pack rear leaves, duff front coils, WH 9” rear end housing, and duff76-77 style front spindles for Ford style disc brakes. She sits how I like it now I just noticed the welds and thought I would ask.