• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Two return power steering reservoir

Casey835

Not to long ago somebody posted a link to one that seemed to be well liked. Does anybody remember this or the link. I’m attempting to use the explorer pump with a tee in the line and having issues with brake pedal returning to the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
I don't have an answer to that question but wonder if swapping hoses might alleviate the problem? I have hydroB and Explorer pump and T'd return anddon't notice any issues. The one line return the vast majority of the flow. I would plumb that so it flows straight thru. the other line I would connect so it makes the 90 deg turn...

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I’ve done a few hydro boost installs, with the Explorer pump. I’ve always used the Astrovan hydro boost units and always used a Tee, with no issues. The steering gear return gets the straight through path to the reservoir, and the hydro boost return make the 90* turn. You might try another hydro boost unit if the pedal issue persists.

Mark

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
What Mark said and I would add that any restriction in the system for example a cooler or filter can cause flow problems and make the pedal act that way. Easy to test, just bypass any cooler or filter to check. If the issue disappears it's just flow.

Jim

OP
OP
Casey835

Casey835

I’ve done a few hydro boost installs, with the Explorer pump. I’ve always used the Astrovan hydro boost units and always used a Tee, with no issues. The steering gear return gets the straight through path to the reservoir, and the hydro boost return make the 90* turn. You might try another hydro boost unit if the pedal issue persists.

Mark

This is what I have plumbed just like this. Tee is about mid way of the return from cooler, maybe a tad closer to reservoir.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
This is what I have plumbed just like this. Tee is about mid way of the return from cooler, maybe a tad closer to reservoir.

I run it fairly close to the reservoir, but the hydro boost doesn’t return much fluid. Just spits out about a tablespoon full each time the pedal is pressed.

Mark.