• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Two Broncos in Junkyard in Pella, Iowa

Sporto

I watch a few YouTube channels of these Ford guys who live in Iowa and work on abandoned and junked vehicles. Recently one of the guys and his girlfriend were exploring a yard in Pella, Iowa. Mostly just goofing off, nothing constructive, but if you roll to 9:37 in the video, there are clearly what appears to be two EB's with white hard tops in the background. I know nothing of their condition, as they are in the distance and I did not see them again in the rest of their exploration.

I am sure that someone on here is aware of these, but if not maybe they can be pulled out and restored.

I did a little research for anyone who is interested.

The location is near a place called Doug's 4Wheelers, Inc. Here is the address from their website.

1211 Hwy 163, Pella, IA 50219,

The video that I saw them in is located at this URL and scroll to 9:37 and look in the background to the top right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfYwJwueqPg

I did a little more research and based upon the location of the camera and the cars/buses in the background, I pinpointed their exact location in Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d41.3895581!4d-92.8322687

It would be really cool if someone was able to save these. I don't know their condition, who owns them or any of that stuff. I just wanted to share what I saw, so maybe someone who is capable of investigating can find and restore them.

Rich :cool:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I think Tim Hulick (eaglenest66) has talked about those trucks in the past.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Sporto

Sporto

That's some dam good research there!

Thank you sir! It was fun messing around with the Google maps, and I hope it helps someone find their next project.
However based upon Todd Z's reply, I think these might be victims of the same old, same old..."Not for sale, I'm going to fix it up someday."

%)

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
That guy has been parting old trucks for years out of that little salvage yard.

I used to go by there weekly and most everything was rotted pretty badly..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sporto

Sporto

You're right! I did not see that one!

I know Todd Z. said that these were discussed before, but I am curious to hear their story, or maybe an update.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes I've been to Doug's for many years. Started back in the late 80s. The broncos have been there ever since. Most are toast! I get there occasionally but less and less as the years go by. Just love to walk around, not only to look at the broncos but all the old iron everywhere. And he is proud of prices but aren't we all? Have found some treasures over the years. Even a perfect '66 steering horn ring laying in the back of one of the broncos. I spoke with Doug a couple of months ago and he said the bronco stuff is "crazy" selling since they placed an ad on Craigslist. It used to be a "honey hole". I know of a couple other places in Iowa (been to one) that has EBs strewn across the fields and in the woods, but are on private land. And these are in rural Iowa - ya gotta be careful! People can still protect their land and animals via methods!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Yes I've been to Doug's for many years. Started back in the late 80s. The broncos have been there ever since. Most are toast! I get there occasionally but less and less as the years go by. Just love to walk around, not only to look at the broncos but all the old iron everywhere.

I hear ya there, love going to my local yard --- the now-rare one with actual OLD cars! Told my wife it's very much like when she goes to IKEA and discovers she's been there for a couple hours, that's me at the yard :cool: