• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Switched and un switched power for new radio

SamD

I'm installing a new radio in my 75 and it required both switched and Un switched power leads. I'm assuming the un switched is to maintain the clock and other settings.

What is a good source for the un switched power? I know I could run it from the battery, but is there a more convenient source under the dash?

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, sometimes there is a place to tap into in the fuse panel. You can check to see what is hot with your test light. In any event I would make sure both leads have fuses. Good luck

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Not necessarily what you're thinking about. But I have a BLUE SEA Systems fuse box that has separate parts and I run one side for things that are ignition powered (or goes to relay) through that fuse box. I use it for tons of stuff.

Attachments

• BLU_5026-2.gif
    BLU_5026-2.gif
    47.2 KB · Views: 15

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Switch to a normal browser (preferably on a computer with a monitor) and edit your profile so your signature contains ALL the truck's details (similar to bronconut73's). More info is better. Then you can go back to using the app if you want, but it doesn't show the whole forum, or open linked thumbnails.

Referring to this diagram:

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/879816_1 (for phone apps, but it's too big to see on a small screen)

The radio memory wire (which should have its own fuse) could be spliced into 21 Y, 25 Bk/O, or 37 Bk/Y (zones A4-6). The switched wire could be attached to the center stud on the ig.sw.

OP
OP
SamD

SamD

Great info. Thanks for the suggestion. I have updated my signature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk