• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Speaker boxes-subs

kntr

Bronco Guru
What sort of speaker boxes have people used for subs? The box I have with 2-10" subs is huge.

DSC00193.jpg

If fits tight behind the rear seat and never moves around.
DSC00195.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I've seen some slick installs where a very small enclosure was built and the sub(s) were placed facing downward build into the rear seat. There are a lot of pics and discussions about this in the archives.

jim71

Loc.
Sprague MB
I have a huge ported box that takes up most of the rear cargo area real estate. With a speaker box behind the front seats, a CD changer attached to it, and a 10" sub box, my stereo takes up altogether too much space. When I feel really ambitious I might put the 6 1/2" speakers somewhere out of the way, move the CD changer, and make a smaller subwoofer enclosure. But it sounds great for the money I put into it!

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I have a wedge built that is behind the passenger side wheel well. It has a 12". I can take pics tomorrow. PM me if I forget and want to see it.

Mtn Gote

Loc.
Sultan Wa.
I just picked up 2 10" subs yesterday(Whoooohoooo). Mine has a fairly small box, but it won't fit behind the seats do to the bulkhead. I am going to cut a hole in it and fab up something in the bed to protect it from the weather. Like a metal box if you will.
Cory,

OP
OP
kntr

kntr

Bronco Guru
Dakota said:
Kanter-

From where did you get your rear seat?

Its from a Colt Vista. Its a popular seat for the bronco as it folds and tumbles and is completly out of the way.

Do a search of Colt Vist rear seat.