• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA SOLD.........rebuilt 302 D4DE-6015-A block New Edlebrock Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

traction

Loc.
Coarsegold, CA
***Sold***

Hi, new member here. I just bought a 69 U14 and it has a 170 with a 3speed that I am keeping. The previous owner also gave me a rebuilt 302. He had paperwork showing 1700 plus for the rebuild. It has an Isky Supercams 262 in it. Has a new waterpump installed, and I am also including a new edelbrock 289 intake for it.

I am asking 900 or trade for bronco parts...weatherstripping, wiring harness, black bestop soft top, three speed column rebuild parts, etc..

Local pickup only (of course)

Cheers, Ben.
15ib151.jpg

Last edited:

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
Sorry for the confusion. I replied to your PM before reading this.
It looked like a strong rig except for the rust spots....
Although I would put the V8 in it...170 has no hp.

OP
OP
T

traction

Loc.
Coarsegold, CA
Funny, about 10 years ago I would have slapped the biggest engine I could afford in it. Now the idea of creeping around the hills deer hunting or camping with the six cylinder appeals to me. :cool:

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
Funny, about 10 years ago I would have slapped the biggest engine I could afford in it. Now the idea of creeping around the hills deer hunting or camping with the six cylinder appeals to me. :cool:

Well, I'm not an expert, but everything I've read on these pages makes me believe that the 170 just doesn't have enough hp or torque. Now if you plan to use stock size tires maybe.

If I remember that rig came with 33" tires. IMO, the 170 doesn't have the power to turn those unless you change the diff gears and replace the trannie with something that has a granny low.

When I bought mine, it came with what I thought was the 170. Turns out someone had upgraded to the 250. I'm in the process of either replacing the head gasket or the head, because it blows white smoke. If you want to wait a few weeks until I get my 250 running better, I could then tell you how it works with the stock trans and 33" tires...

OP
OP
T

traction

Loc.
Coarsegold, CA
Thanks for the advice. I already bought a 435 for it and it came with 4.11 gears already...

Engine checked out great...compression high on all cylinders. Opened it up and found it had been recently rebuilt too. I actually drove this one all over my property which is all steep 4wheel terrain and it did great with the 3speed, but I have bought the 435...so it will go in after I finish the bodywork.

prosys1

Loc.
Victorville, CA
When you order and get the Adapter for the 435 to the Dana 20, can you send it to me so I can reverse engineer it and make more? I own a CNC machine shop and this adapter would be a piece of cake....

Status
Not open for further replies.