• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Small bearing rear, how bad is this damage, fix or replace housing.

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Sorry, I haven't gotten in back together yet. I pulled the pinion carrier out of the center section and it needed new bearings, so I had to order parts. I am hoping to get it back together this weekend. I did check the new axle bearings fit in the housing ends and they seem to be tight so I think it will be fine.
I did get the new anti-wrap perches and the bracket for the wrap trap welded in and most of it painted. I left the ends bare for now until I get the shock mounts figured out and welded in.
Here are a couple pics of the housing.

Attachments

• IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
The only reason I pulled the pinion carrier was to replace the pinion seal. I am glad I did because the races on the bearings looked like they had water damage to them at some time. They were very pitted so I figured I better change them as well.