• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Searching for a 1978 Ford Bronco Freewheeling

BillyZinTheD

Help me find my Dad's Ford Bronco​

renderTimingPixel.png

31 years ago my father passed away at the age of 53. My Dad's Ford Bronco is the one vehicle he splurged on for himself, all the cars he bought after were more "dad cars". My goal is to track down his Bronco. I have the VIN number U15HLCH4407 Things I know of my Dad's Bronco. Purchased new at North Bros Ford in Michigan. 1978 Ford Bronco XLT. Freewheeling edition. Raven Black Exterior. Black Interior. Interior mounted spare tire. 351 V8. Automatic Transmission. AM/FM Radio. Bucket-seats were Black/White fabric and Black vinyl upholstery. A/C. Visibility package. I have tried Private Investigators with no luck, they have done local and national registration and title searches, which most states only keep between 5-15 years of history from last registration or title. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to locate or if you or someone you know have this Bronco. I would love it if I could be reunited with my Dad's Bronco. I know it could be gone forever or maybe just sitting in someone's backyard.
Thank you,
Billy Z
ye7bo645t0b91.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Billy, welcome!
Great story too. I know it’s a longshot but they do get found occasionally and that would be an especially great one to find.
I know they’re more and more popular now, so are being saved and refurbished. But a lot of them have also gone to the rusty graveyard in the sky.
Then again, you’re one of the few that actually has the original VIN, so that will hopefully be a big advantage.

Good luck with your search!

Paul

OP
OP
B

BillyZinTheD

Hey Billy, welcome!
Great story too. I know it’s a longshot but they do get found occasionally and that would be an especially great one to find.
I know they’re more and more popular now, so are being saved and refurbished. But a lot of them have also gone to the rusty graveyard in the sky.
Then again, you’re one of the few that actually has the original VIN, so that will hopefully be a big advantage.

Good luck with your search!

Paul
Thank you Paul. I know that it also could be long gone too. I would even except that fate also, just would like confirmation on that so I can move on. Then I would just find something matching what my Dad owned. Take care and thank you for your comments. -Billy

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
You might be way ahead of me on this, but have you tried posting your question on the FSB forum?

Good luck, hope you find it!