• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scottsdale Barrett Jackson 2024

Broncobowsher

Total hack
At first I thought that was just another "sheet metal" fabricated housing. Those have been around forever.
Then I see that it is aluminum with bolted on tubes. Looking through the above eBay link and scrolling through the related items I see a couple of different versions. Most are nameless, one has TDS cast in it. I see several people retailing it, just not sure who is actually manufacturing it.

I will say it is cool looking. They claim 1,000 HP capable, which isn't that much by todays numbers. Not sure about the stress loads from large tires. Not so much the power, but the leverage. That tube to center section joint is often a weak point on factory style housings. Now they have a bolt on tube with 6 bolts in a fairly small bolt circle. I would use it on a car application, not so sure it is the best choice for a truck.

Lawndart

Loc.
These Broncos...
mommie-dearest-jesus-christ.gif

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i was at the show today. Most of the ones in the main tent had coyotes. Outside tents no. The quality of the builds between inside and outside is obvious (except for one outside that was exceptional) I think there's a shift in pricing. Exceptional builds will still get top dollar. If not a full frame off built with impeccable attention to detail (body gaps, upholstery, Window chrome, paint, under hood organization etc) you're probably not going to get out of it what you put into it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw this rearend on several rigs this year at the show. I also think I saw one at SEMA last fall.
We haven’t talked about Lowe Manufacturing in a long time.
Reminds me of their old Data 44 for Toyotas, or whatever you wanted to have it built for.
Weren’t they something outrageous, like about $700 or so? :)
Too steep to gain quick foothold back then.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Not my truck, not my money, not my business. But…..some of those made me throw up in my mouth a little.
Me too.
For me it's the fact some have nothing original left. I mean the green one, first pic, third group in post #7 with the side pipes is beautiful work. Description on the BJ site says it is a 325k build.

Even the dash isn't "Bronco". I guess the body is "period correct" though... :geek:
271448_Interior_Web.jpg

Just not for me. I appreciate and respect the work, but doubt I could register this as a '72 and shows this disclaimer :
**VIN NOTICE: DEPENDING ON THE STATE OF REGISTRATION OF THE BUYER, THE VEHICLE MAY REQUIRE AN INSPECTION AND BE SUBJECT TO A STATE-ISSUED VIN AND/OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THAT STATE.**

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
At first I thought that was just another "sheet metal" fabricated housing. Those have been around forever.
Then I see that it is aluminum with bolted on tubes. Looking through the above eBay link and scrolling through the related items I see a couple of different versions. Most are nameless, one has TDS cast in it. I see several people retailing it, just not sure who is actually manufacturing it.

I will say it is cool looking. They claim 1,000 HP capable, which isn't that much by todays numbers. Not sure about the stress loads from large tires. Not so much the power, but the leverage. That tube to center section joint is often a weak point on factory style housings. Now they have a bolt on tube with 6 bolts in a fairly small bolt circle. I would use it on a car application, not so sure it is the best choice for a truck.
Yeah, I have the same thoughts. I'm not sure what kind of perceived advantage this might have unless you're looking for modularity for different vehicles with different axle tube lengths. It seems like its an answer to a question that no one asked - more parts and pieces - more things to go wrong.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We haven’t talked about Lowe Manufacturing in a long time.
Reminds me of their old Data 44 for Toyotas, or whatever you wanted to have it built for.
Weren’t they something outrageous, like about $700 or so? :)
Too steep to gain quick foothold back then.
I thought the Low Manufacturing axle was just a Dana 30 with a fancy aluminum diff cover on it but I might be wrong. Yes, they were very expensive and rarely seen these days.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here are the remaining Broncos I captured photos of last evening outside in the tents + one more EB from the Maxlider booth.

My favorite of all the trucks was the uncut green '73 Ranger that I posted in an earlier post. It sold today for $57K, ~$62.5K with fees added in. Last evening I inspected it with @andyp and his brother and our guesstimate was a $60K hammer price so we weren't too far off.

I often try to find the cheapest car that sold at the auction and this year I found a Cadillac Allanté that sold for $4K.

Your faithful reporter,
Todd Z.

Attachments

• IMG_5660.jpg
    IMG_5660.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5666.jpg
    IMG_5666.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5683.jpg
    IMG_5683.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5687.jpg
    IMG_5687.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5661.jpg
    IMG_5661.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5650.jpg
    IMG_5650.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5682.jpg
    IMG_5682.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5662.jpg
    IMG_5662.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 73

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The one with the red bumper looks like "I wanna be an '88 Eddie Bauer edition", but not well done.
A winch bumper without a winch, there are plenty of $300 Amazon winches that can be cleaned up into a no name but looks the piece. Just to finish it.

mebco09

Just heard one of the commentators mention how easy it is to restore a Bronco...just lift off the body and move it around, you know you can do it on a bench (huh?!?)

Interesting. Not my experience.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru

can't wait for one or two of those axle tube bolts to loosen up... I thought we all learned there is a reason a ford 9 inch IS the answer...

On a grey bronco, same axle, I could swear the driveshaft angle looked like 45 degrees...