• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Scott Drake long tube headers with aluminum heads

Cdra8925

Anybody have experience with Scott Drake long tube headers with aluminum heads? Looking to get a set but haven’t seen much in the fitment. I’m doing a frame off so the install should be fairly easy. Just want to make sure there are no major fitment problems. Thanks!!

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
I have the Drake shorties and would assume they are similar on the head side. I did find the ports rather large but seems like they worked fine after finding the right gasket with some help from others.

Remflex turned out to be the best after I had a couple exhaust leaks with the others. And longer bolts than the ones that the headers came with were ideal as well and also smaller bolt heads.

This ARP header bolt kit was best: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TPHI4E/?tag=classicbroncos-20
--but you might want to measure the flange and how deep your holes are before you buy bolts.