• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rustbelt Bronco tubs.

Broncoronium

Have any of you ever used Rustbelt Broncos tub? Their price point seems better than Dennis carpenters. And from my understanding their turn around time is faster. I just want to know if anybody knows quality of their work.

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Getting detailed information on people’s experiences with tub builders is like pulling teeth. I’m not sure why, but it just seems to be that way to me. I often wonder how 5 or 6 shops can be spitting them out every 2-3 weeks with years worth of waiting lists and there not be more details. I have one on the way (not a Rustbelt) and could provide detailed pictures and thoughts when I receive it. At the end of the day, the only comfort I could take in my decision was that whatever shows up now will have to be beat into a bronco shaped object no matter what. I’ve spent years researching, visited several shops in person, paid the money, and still feel like I know precious little. But I fumble through most everything in life, so maybe someone will chime in now that it’s back to the top…

TheLimeRanger

body

Getting detailed information on people’s experiences with tub builders is like pulling teeth. I’m not sure why, but it just seems to be that way to me. I often wonder how 5 or 6 shops can be spitting them out every 2-3 weeks with years worth of waiting lists and there not be more details. I have one on the way (not a Rustbelt) and could provide detailed pictures and thoughts when I receive it. At the end of the day, the only comfort I could take in my decision was that whatever shows up now will have to be beat into a bronco shaped object no matter what. I’ve spent years researching, visited several shops in person, paid the money, and still feel like I know precious little. But I fumble through most everything in life, so maybe someone will chime in now that it’s back to the top…

so who did you end up going with?

msmith

I have no experience with RB but a friend of mine purchased one for his build. I haven’t gotten a chance to check it out in person but he seems to be fairly pleased with it. One thing on his, the parking brake bracket was welded on backwards. It was a simple cut off, turn and reweld. I think they hire auto body students from a community college in PA to help out. This may be why they have a little better price point and lead time but I don’t know for sure.

RB is only a couple of hours away from me so I have intentions of making the trip for a tour when I get a little time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedeka

Contributor
Tabyers , when are you getting your body? I ordered mine from Nick on March 1st.

mdelliott

tabyers & Jedeka - any updates on your tubs from Nick. Im in the same boat as you guys were. Im in indiana and closer to rustbelt and steelhorse designs but i feel like going with Nick is going to be a better bet.

Jedeka

Contributor
mdelliott, Nick called me a couple months ago and I had made it to the top of the list, but he only had three firewalls left. He didn’t know how soon he would be getting more. I am in the middle of a major house remodel and was not going to have time to work on it. I told him to gi e the next person in line a call. my name is sitting in a queue and when I get ready to proceed, I will give him a call. I am wanting to get the rolling chassis completed and driveline installed. Nick told me if I bring it out, he can set the body on the frame and shim it if needed. Sorry, I am not much help at this point.

mdelliott

mdelliott, Nick called me a couple months ago and I had made it to the top of the list, but he only had three firewalls left. He didn’t know how soon he would be getting more. I am in the middle of a major house remodel and was not going to have time to work on it. I told him to gi e the next person in line a call. my name is sitting in a queue and when I get ready to proceed, I will give him a call. I am wanting to get the rolling chassis completed and driveline installed. Nick told me if I bring it out, he can set the body on the frame and shim it if needed. Sorry, I am not much help at this point.
I talked to nick Wednesday and after a short talk im convinced he's the right guy for the build. Unfortunately nick has a big back log and is waiting on material like the rest of the world right now. He isn't taking orders and is likely a year out but I think I'm going to wait. I've been ready for a body for a few years...probably should have jumped on this sooner.