• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ranger Testing Spy Photos

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I like it. This is the perfect pick-up for me to downsize to. I am currently driving a 2007 F150, lifted. This is my daily driver. Other than some typical big expense maintenance, the truck has worked well. It's helped my family and I move 3-times in the last ten years.

But, we've settled into our own home. And, unfortunately I do 70 miles, roundtrip, every day. I need something a bit smaller and better on fuel.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
If you could get a pickup to achieve near 30 mpg, I think you'd have a lot of guys jump on that! So if they stuff a diesel in the ranger, and the F-150, I think that number is achievable!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Out here in LA LA Land...I've come across the concepts or upcoming vehicles being driven in the early hours of the morning. These vehicles are heavily wrapped. They have all these contraptions sticking out of the wheels for measurements. There are also a couple of laptops running and reading information as the vehicle maneuvers through the streets.

I hope that I run into the Ranger and Bronco in the morning.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But if it has an aluminum bed you could dent it by dropping a overloaded toolbox corner from 4 feet into it!!!!! Or use it like a dump truck and skip load half ton of bricks. Love that commercial, waiting for Ford to come back with some reference to GMC recalls.:)

Looks like a Taco to me as well. You gotta stay in style, but mimicking them is another thing.

Hopefully the ranger and NB (New Bronco, copyright 73azbronco/2017)) share less than what the spy photo shows, I see obvious IFS underpinnings. I suppose hardcore could stuff a solid axle under there, but thats an easy $5000 to cost if doing it right.

kmill23

This guy and the Ranger have something in common, a belt line that's way too high.

article-2716329-203E160900000578-163_634x947.jpg

Hey man, take that picture of me down! :mad:

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Yuk
Looks like a Honda Ridgeline
Or a Taco

If you want a smaller truck than full size. The taco is the only real choice
The colorados are ok and even available with a diesel
My employer just bought two of the diesels
And they are very powerful
But they really jack the price for the diesel and its only available with the estrogen transmission

At least a couple years ago with the Tacoma you could get the V-6 with a manual transmission , not sure if they still offer it

Ford and GM don't even offer a real transmission anymore in their pickups , only the slushbox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
yeah, I think it will be a big hit as well...

Regardless, the new Ranger will do well.
If you haven't looked at the small truck competition, it wouldn't be hard to be on top.
I just saw a Suzuki Equator. It's a Nissan Frontier partner. Butt ugly! No competition there!