• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR power steering box 74 factory and 4x4x2 ported

SavageBurro

City: Central Point, Oregon
Price: $ 350

Thinking about selling one or both power steering boxes. The 4x4x2 box was rebuilt a while ago before I bought the bronco. I ported it and have been using it for a while with great results. Box now has a bit of slop in it and likely in need of rebuild.

The factory box I believe is out of a 1974. I got it in recent trade. I haven't checked number of turns yet but should be a 6 turn box. I just noticed the tag label is SPA AU, which according to this https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/four-turn-power-steering-box-identification.282261/... it shoudl be a 4 turn box. I will check tonight.

I was kicking around sending it off to get rebuilt and ported so I would not have any down time, but am now considering Toms PSC box. Lemme know if you're interested. Would prefer local pickup but might consider shipping if nobody local wants it. I also plan to be at Toms Rock N Roll event in a couple weeks.

Note, reason for extra weld on end /side of the 4x4x2 box is that is where I was going to port and wanted some extra meat for strength. Ended up chamfering a nut and welding it on end so the fitting and hose/line will fit in front of the radiator (and so the fitting does not recess into the port blocking flow). Zero issues with it. With the psc pump - it turns great. (other than recent bit of slop internal aka reason for needing rebuild).

4x4x2  ported copy.jpg 74 box.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SavageBurro

SavageBurro

Update. I no longer have the factory 4 turn box but I will be getting rid of the 4x4x2 ported box. I have some extra parts with it including a good spare sector shaft. It does have slop in it so needs rebuild. Make an offer. The porting worked great.