• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Photos of the 2020 at dealership.....but

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did the "private viewing" of the 2020 Bronco "Family" Touted as "Come see the Bronco family, "you need a reservation, no walk ins"
So we Wife and Me) reserve an hours time slot that happened today..
This is going to be good ...I thought....
We'll we get there, Tasca in Cranston RI, getting excited... Where's the trucks? Where's the party? Where's the toys? gifts? banners?..... Nothing.
Back of the lot is where they are ... The whole Bronco family? this is strange there are only 2 Broncos and a sport.
Both Broncos are 4-doors, Both Broncos are rag tops, and the Sport,... not going there.
Soooo, we have to sign in to this "party" It's 2 guys and a woman in T-shirts..
No "presentation, no scripted "show" You get to "walk around"
It's time for questions... I ask:
Any brochures-spec sheets? .."nope"
What are you getting for mileage in the Sasquatch?.. "Can't tell you".
Come on, turn on the truck, it's in the computer... "I erased it"
What's the warranty? "Standard Ford I Guess"
What color is this? "I think Anti Matter"
Wealth of knowledge.
Can you fire it up? "nope"
Where's a 2-Door, "they didn't give us one"
How about a hard top? "nope don't have one"
I guess I was expecting a small private party,
What are the current delays? Anyone who ordered a hard top"
Really, I heard it was also the manual transmission... He says to me, "where'd you hear that?" I replied Internet and Ford E-mail
He looked puzzled....
Any way, "any t-shirts? hats? hoodies? Nope.
Any Water bottles? Pens flashlights? Nope.
Banners? flags? bumper stickers???? nope.
They did give you a sticker that said "I've checked in" and a 15 cent carabiner with "BRONCO" printed on it.
I'm guessing the Marketing manager of this fiasco MUST be a child of a Ford Exec. Bad showing, Impressive Static Model.
She did show us (because we asked) the removing of a door, in 30 seconds it was off, Very Cool!

Attachments

• 2020 Bronco.jpg
    2020 Bronco.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 2020  door off.jpg
    2020 door off.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Screw them....they could of had then there Saturday Ron
They didn't......nuff said

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, real let down on the "presentation" We even brought up May it Forward, only reply was "not on the agenda" But it the presentators defense, they didn't know of it's existence
Was not a complete waste of time, Comfy seats, Front and back, The hood was at a healthy height of 4' ( on Sasquatch), and it's an Aluminum body..

Projp

Went to the one in SLC a couple of weeks ago. Had two 4 doors to walk around and get in - not start. They had a Sport to drive if you wanted, (I didn't because my wife and I tried one out last month and were surprisingly impressed for its market niche.)
Couple of guys from Ford that were very knowledgeable. One had his ordered.
I understood going in that they were not going to let us drive them. I had my chance for a ride along at Moab but passed.
I did get some junk.....couple of hats and a water bottle.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welp, after reading this OP, I'm gonna commit to a 2045 Bronco. By then, perhaps we'll have fuel mileage numbers and paint color details.

Seriously, tho, that is very disheartening. But I ask myself if the people you talked to there were from Ford or just the dealership? If from the dealership, I can sort of understand why they don't know anything. Ford hasn't released the info to them (at least until recently, right??)

So all of this is part of why I backed out of the "show" at the Star last weekend in Frisco. Ford needs to get their act together before I get involved with them.

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The people with the Broncos are from Michigan, and directly driving them all over the east coast, they KNOW what the mileage is but not allowed to say until Henry says they can.
They are playing dumb because they were told to.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yup, same experience. They really wasted their time doing this dog and no pony show.

AKwheeler

I am hoping the show in Denver at the end of May will be better than that one. At least they will have a collection of classic Broncos to view as well.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welp, after reading this OP, I'm gonna commit to a 2045 Bronco. By then, perhaps we'll have fuel mileage numbers and paint color details.

Seriously, tho, that is very disheartening. But I ask myself if the people you talked to there were from Ford or just the dealership? If from the dealership, I can sort of understand why they don't know anything. Ford hasn't released the info to them (at least until recently, right??)

So all of this is part of why I backed out of the "show" at the Star last weekend in Frisco. Ford needs to get their act together before I get involved with them.
Same thoughts, by 2035 they should have a 4x4 that might get close to competing with a stock Rubicon.

I seriously believe the battery revolution caught them flat footed and are now scared to commit an entire line to ICE for just a few years payback... They might be slow rolling so they can go heavier into battery since their CEO said the same of the F150 line. No more ICE.