• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original (not restored) 1969 Boss 429 Mustang

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Last one I heard about was around $500k but the one in your link was restored. Also you can pickup restored ones for $200-300K. There's a actual all orginal out there with only 900 miles on it and still has the plastic on the seat belts and such and has never been touched its supposedly worth around $750K.

OP
OP
Waverous

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Last one I heard about was around $500k but the one in your link was restored. Also you can pickup restored ones for $200-300K. There's a actual all orginal out there with only 900 miles on it and still has the plastic on the seat belts and such and has never been touched its supposedly worth around $750K.

I believe this is all original and not restored - I may be wrong, but I don't remember reading it was restored. There is a picture in the article with the seatbelts still wrapped in plastic! Pics 18 - 24 show a lot of original items, like battery, seat belts wrapped in plastic, Kar Kraft sticker, and documentation

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Back in the day the letters/acronym NASCAR meant: North American STOCK Car Association.

This car was purpose built as a "stock" race car for the track, that just happens to be street legal.

One of the most iconic and classic hotrods ever built!

In the last couple of years Dodge/Mopar sent out some ugly cars. However these ugly new cars with classic hot-rod era name badges makes some serious horsepower & torque numbers. Collector's and hot rodders are grabbing them up. I suspect in 40-50 years they'll prolly be sought after?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Actaully it was restored the guy that restored it named perkins owns the one with 902 miles on it and has the plastic on the seat belts and passenger seat as came from the factory. The car in the articles was at the restoration shop being restored when that guy got it. The last pic in the set even says its a restoration. While it probably didnt need much its still restored. The shop put the plastic on the seat belts on that car.

Ok I was wrong Mr perkins sold the car but here's a article on the one he had. https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/CA0813-161271/0/1969-Ford-Mustang-Boss-429-Fastback/

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Boss 429

I have been collecting boss 429 engine parts for my 56 f100 to guy converts a 460 with kassee heads and intake it's still a bunch of money

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 61

rmk57

I believe this is all original and not restored - I may be wrong, but I don't remember reading it was restored. There is a picture in the article with the seatbelts still wrapped in plastic! Pics 18 - 24 show a lot of original items, like battery, seat belts wrapped in plastic, Kar Kraft sticker, and documentation

A nicely restored B9 will sell for around 250-300k, but this one is at the next level. Very, very rarely do you get a survivor like this one.

I would think it could fetch $500,000 to the right buyer.

Mine is missing a couple pieces that would cost more than I paid for my 66 Bronco. For now I'd rather have the Bronco....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 83

elan

Loc.
s
I am a Boss 302 nut. The KK cars are a tad bit out of my range.
I'll go between $375K and $500K on this one. I realize that is a big gap but it is very difficult to estimate a vehicle like this.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Back in the day the letters/acronym NASCAR meant: North American STOCK Car Association.

This car was purpose built as a "stock" race car for the track, that just happens to be street legal.

One of the most iconic and classic hotrods ever built!

Actually, you are a little off track here- If you are referring the NASCAR as the circle track boys- the models used in 1969 were from Ford the Torino, and Mercury the Cyclone, not the Mustang- see this nice quote:

"The Torino Talladegas and Cyclone Spoiler IIs are the cars that made the Dodge Charger Daytona and Plymouth Superbird necessary."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a6318/4303620/

Ford put the engine in the Boss9 to allow the engine to be "legal" in its circle track cars.

If you are referring to NHRA and the IHRA from back in the day, some of the Boss9 Mustangs did see duty on the straight line tracks

Regardless, agree, one of the most iconic cars/hot rods ever built!!

smokinjoe

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Braunfels, TX
69 429 Fastback in Raven Black is the most beautiful car ever made IMO while similar to the 70 the 69 has better design cues, the side scoops, turn signals in the valence v fender, the 4 headlights v the square fog lights. Rear taillights. I'm probably forgetting something else, and I'm a 70 owner :)

$400,000 all day on a 429 survivor.

rmk57

69 429 Fastback in Raven Black is the most beautiful car ever made IMO while similar to the 70 the 69 has better design cues, the side scoops, turn signals in the valence v fender, the 4 headlights v the square fog lights. Rear taillights. I'm probably forgetting something else, and I'm a 70 owner :)

$400,000 all day on a 429 survivor.

I agree. There were certain iconic body styles built throughout the years where the manufacturer just got it right. 1932 Ford coupe, 1940 ford, 1955 Chevy, 1967 Corvette, The 1969 Mustang fastback is in my opinion one of them.

I own a 1970 to.

57baja

Contributor
A friend I work with has a Grabber Blue Boss 429 all original unrestored. I get goose bumps when I look at it. The same guy also has 2 1970 boss 302 cars, one yellow the other red. He and his father had 3 more Boss 429 Mustangs they sold about 5 years ago. He said they got 500k for each car. One collector bought them all I think. He told me they bought the Boss 429 cars in the 70s. One was 4500, another 7300, and I forgot what they paid for the other. All timing. His Boss 302 he said he bought in high school for 3300 in 77. I will post some pics of his cars when I go buy his shop. They have quite a collection of Fords I saw about 20 cars. Someone here might know him if they are a collector those guys all seem to know each other.