• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OER New PS Box

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Has anyone tried these boxes? Is it a direct replacement for a stock Bronco box? If so it is finally an option.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don’t have the inlet and outlet fitting sizes, memorized, and I don’t have my cheat-sheet nearby, but it looks like they matched the input shaft diameter to the stock coupler, bolt pattern to frame, and even the shape of the casting to the original.
So as far as all that goes, it looks like they’re making as direct a bolt in as we’ve ever seen.
Hopefully the quality is as good as it can be.
It’s for certain that the price is good! Especially by today’s standards!

brbuilder

I’ve been looking at PS box options too, and wondering if the Lares box (lifetime warranty) or the Borgeson (a little more expensive) and now this box would be a good option. Would one of these new boxes be a better option than having a 50 year old box rebuilt? How do these stack up to the boxes from the Bronco vendors or Red Top, Blue Top, Lee’s, etc?

BradinEDH

Contributor
I’ve been looking at PS box options too, and wondering if the Lares box (lifetime warranty) or the Borgeson (a little more expensive) and now this box would be a good option. Would one of these new boxes be a better option than having a 50 year old box rebuilt? How do these stack up to the boxes from the Bronco vendors or Red Top, Blue Top, Lee’s, etc?
I have had the new Lares box in for over 6 months now and on the street only. It has been Good so far. I saved my old 6 turn box just in case I did not like it.

brbuilder

Good to hear some feedback on the Lares box. The Lares is a 4 turn box correct? Do you like that better than the 6 turn box?

BradinEDH

Contributor
Good to hear some feedback on the Lares box. The Lares is a 4 turn box correct? Do you like that better than the 6 turn box?
Yes, it is a much better driving experience. More responsive without being twitchy.

rockinrich

Contributor
Has anyone tried the oer box yet?Also what about this lares box you are talking about?Cost and warranty?

rockinrich

Contributor
i just asked a guy from classic industries and he said they have a 1 year warranty and he said he doesn't have any direct feedback on them but they have had no returns or complaints about them.