• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newport Engineering Wipers install

Broncowilly

For anyone that has installed the Newport Engineering Wiper system, did you use the harness from your original set up or the one provided with the kit? In the instructions they talk about using the old harness to pull theirs back through the windshield frame. It doesn't sound as easy as they make it sound. Let me know who has tackled this. Thanks

OP
OP
B

Broncowilly

So how hard will it be to fish the wire harness through the windshield frame without laying the frame down. I have a painted SS hinge that will be trashed paint wise if I move the hinge.

OP
OP
B

Broncowilly

After a number of searches I found posts about options for pulling wiring through the windshield frame.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Which ones are going to work for you? Seems like they all would involve moving the windshield frame forward to at least make it easier. Which of course trashes your new paint.
I've asked before, what the heck did Ford do when they painted the hinges originally? You could put the frames down and up again and not trash the paint immediately. Eventually you got chips, but eventually you got chipped paint just from driving and it being in the thick of things up front.

Let us know what you do. It's definitely not easy sometimes.
Which is why most of the time even with new harnesses the old wiper wires get re-used.

Paul

jmhend

Bronco Guru
After a number of searches I found posts about options for pulling wiring through the windshield frame.

Which ones are going to work for you? Seems like they all would involve moving the windshield frame forward to at least make it easier. Which of course trashes your new paint.
I've asked before, what the heck did Ford do when they painted the hinges originally? You could put the frames down and up again and not trash the paint immediately. Eventually you got chips, but eventually you got chipped paint just from driving and it being in the thick of things up front.

Let us know what you do. It's definitely not easy sometimes.
Which is why most of the time even with new harnesses the old wiper wires get re-used.

Paul

Paul / George,

I personally use a vacuum or shop vac and pull a piece of yarn or thread through then tie on to that then run something thicker until I am comfortable with the tension of the pull code to pull the wires.

George, shoot me a text if you want me to swing down and give you a hand.

Jason