• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New roof rack, don't know how I'm going to mount it to the roll cage?

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
Going on top of a TBP family 8 pt cage. Its just big enough to cover the front cab space. The rest is staying open. Rack is 3/4" EMT conduit material. Weldable? Very. I would actually prefer something that will allow me to remove the rack if I don't want it on. Any suggestions?

rynos72

emt will give off toxic fumes...and is very easy to burn through!....just a heads up for you.

OP
OP
hollowch

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
I've seen the fourtreks stuff. I don't know what it is about their mounts but they are way too bulky for my taste

Texanferever

Midland water jet would be able to cut out double clamps out of aluminum and you could tap the middle to bolt the two halfs together. Or drill a hole in the middle and use a bolt and nut to tighten together. Top opening would be the OD of your rack, and the bottom the OD of your cage.

( )
l=l
( )

Maybe my "picture" will give you an idea of what one side of the clamp would look like. if not, give me a call.