• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Guy Intro (1977 Sport )

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
The time has come to own my 1st classic Bronco. It is not often you find one in the mid range and it was local so I bought it. I wanted to thank the guru's in advance for all the info shared on this board. Please take a look, I'd love your opinion.

This is a 1977 Sport, 302 with Auto 3-spd, Lifted on 35" Goodyear/Fuel wheel combo. Originally from California were some guys may have done some light rock crawling and ended up in Beaumont with a guy that had as a toy and did not do much to it. Now she in Hockley Tx and looking forward figuring out exactly what I have and take her to the next level.

Attachments

• Bronco5.jpeg
    Bronco5.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Bronco4.JPEG
    Bronco4.JPEG
    107.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Bronco3.JPEG
    Bronco3.JPEG
    109.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Bronco2.JPEG
    Bronco2.JPEG
    115.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Bronco1.JPEG
    Bronco1.JPEG
    108.2 KB · Views: 137

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site! Looks like you got a good one! I'd have to loose that trailer hitch though.;)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dang! Had an entire welcome letter in four-part harmony all written out and got the dreaded "Forbidden. Error 403" message again!

Oh well, welcome from out here too anyway!

Paul

OP
OP
TX-ZACH

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
Thanks guys. Yes the hitch is the 1st thing to remove. LOL

Its been raining here in SE TX all week and have not even picked it up yet. Even trying to book an enclosed transport seems difficult these days. So with the weather clearing tomorrow I will just go get her myself on a flatbed. I look forward posting up on the progress and share lots of pics.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Dang! Had an entire welcome letter in four-part harmony all written out and got the dreaded "Forbidden. Error 403" message again!
Sorry Paul! I'm working on a solution to that behind the scenes. Stay tuned!

TX-ZACH, welcome and congrats on your new (to you) Bronco. It looks great. I like the wheels a lot. Nice color combo, family cage, and even AC! (how well does that work with no top?)

And don't worry about the rotated photo thumbnails. It's not your fault. I'm working on a fix for that too.

helo-mech

Thanks man. I look forward to meet one day.

Welcome to the site. Great looking Bronco; I hate to read about your engine woes.

I'm down in League City. We haven't had a Houston get together in a while. Might be time to try to plan out a Saturday AM breakfast meet.

Welcome again.

bsquared

Contributor
Nice looking Bronco and welcome to the addiction, Zach! Look up the Lonestar Early Bronco Club and come join us at some events.....great group of peeps.

To get on top of those engine troubles, do that compression test. Costs $0 and will tell you where to look. If you need any tools, holla. Cheers, Bill

OP
OP
TX-ZACH

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
Nice looking Bronco and welcome to the addiction, Zach! Look up the Lonestar Early Bronco Club and come join us at some events.....great group of peeps.

To get on top of those engine troubles, do that compression test. Costs $0 any will tell you where to look. If you need any tools, holla. Cheers, Bill

Bill I have been trying to join on FB but the have not approved me in over a week. Ill keep trying and thanks for the tip.

dnsenne

Loc.
Minnesota
Welcome aboard!

Is that a Newfie in your profile picture? Have you had him in your bronco yet? I am having problem convincing mine to go for a ride. I have tried a ramp, treats… no luck.

Sorry, just saw your other post… :( Probably haven't had the dog in the bronco yet..

Last edited:
OP
OP
TX-ZACH

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
Yes he is a a newf. i have two. One loves to ride the other not so much, same with water. Dogs are weird some times. I use the other to help motivate. :) Get another one! LOL

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice rig, what engine troubles are you having? I am sure this group can help.